The Insane Asylum II

Sushi: *gallops in and accidentally smashes laser canon*

He's just finished a new opera, apparently. At least he didn't smash the state house this time....

Caspian: *glares* *shrugs* Well it was fun while it lasted. I need to clone things more often though, so that this doesn't happen.
Dorthy: So.... why don't you?
Caspian:..... Have you seen the TDL party thread recently? I am NOT wandering backwards through time to find that cloning machine.
Dorthy: Well that's your own fault then.
Frodo: *paints the roses purple*

(Or maybe Caspian could just focus on getting better grades in science class. There's that, too....)

(He'd never think of that. He always skipped school.)
(Loki: Why are you using parenthesis?)
(Go away, this is not the time, nor the place.)
(Loki: Is this your little green website?)
(SHOO!)

Dorthy: She's telecommunicating again.
Frodo: That's not a word.
Dorthy: How'd you know?
Frodo:.....Because I do.
Dorthy: :p
Caspian: *paints TDL blue for variety*

Starfire: *Gasps* Is being the Narnia you were telling me about? It is wonderfully green!

Raven: *With a slight air of disdain* No. It's not. Cyborg got us sucked into the computer. Again!

Cyborg: Hey, that's not my fault! Overload was--

Robin: Let's not point fingers, Titans. It wasn't anyone's fault.

Beast Boy: Yeah! Besides, when you point one finger at someone else, you're pointing three back at yourself! Ooh, are those kittens? *Turns into a green cat* Hey, there, li'l kitties! How're ya doing?

Starfire: Ohh, look! They are being the so adorable! Hello, small, earthen felines! I am Starfire of Tamaran. Who are you?

Robin: Uh, Star? Earth cats can't talk.

Me: Well...

Starfire: *Gasps* Is being the Narnia you were telling me about? It is wonderfully green!

Raven: *With a slight air of disdain* No. It's not. Cyborg got us sucked into the computer. Again!

Cyborg: Hey, that's not my fault! Overload was--

Robin: Let's not point fingers, Titans. It wasn't anyone's fault.

Beast Boy: Yeah! Besides, when you point one finger at someone else, you're pointing three back at yourself! Ooh, are those kittens? *Turns into a green cat* Hey, there, li'l kitties! How're ya doing?

Starfire: Ohh, look! They are being the so adorable! Hello, small, earthen felines! I am Starfire of Tamaran. Who are you?

Robin: Uh, Star? Earth cats can't talk.

Me: Well...

Dorthy: Oh my arrows, somebody acknowledged us.

Caspian: *glares* What do you mean I can't talk, puny human?

Frodo: Well, I mean, we can thanks to the translator.....

Caspian: FRODO, I'M TRYING TO ASSERT MYSELF OVER THESE TWOLEGS, DO NOT INTERRUPT!

Dorthy: Caspian, you're going to scare them away and make them think you're a psychopath. Oh wait....

Caspian: I AM CASPIAN, THE ELEVENTH, THE MIGHTY EMPEROR OF THIS DOMINION KNOWN AS THE ASYLUM!

Dorthy: *blinks* *turns to newcomers* He's overdramatic. I'm Dorthy, his sister.

Frodo: And I'm Frodo, his loyal assistant.

Dorthy: We are all that remains of our family that used to frequent the forums.

Midnight: Quit telling people I'm dead!

Frodo: Sometimes we still hear their voices.

Flower: Somebody DIED? O.O

Caspian: And they think I'm crazy.

Beast Boy (still as a green cat): *Sidles up to Dorthy* Hey, there. *Wiggles eyebrows*

Robin: Beast Boy, don't antagonize the things that live an Insane...Asylum... Um, I'll be right outside. This place gives me flashbacks. *Runs*

Raven: Great. Now I've gotta go be nice to him. *Teleports out in a wave of dark magic*

Starfire: Oh, it is wonderful that you can talk, small felines!

Beast Boy: You bet it is! I hardly ever get to talk with other animals!

Cyborg: That ain't true! Just yesterday you were hanging around with the girl Wonder Twin. What was her name...?

Beast Boy: Dude!

Starfire: I shall teach the small kittens all about dishes from my home planet, and we will celebrate Blorthog, and drink mustard from the bottle!

Beast Boy (still as a green cat): *Sidles up to Dorthy* Hey, there. *Wiggles eyebrows*

Robin: Beast Boy, don't antagonize the things that live an Insane...Asylum... Um, I'll be right outside. This place gives me flashbacks. *Runs*

Raven: Great. Now I've gotta go be nice to him. *Teleports out in a wave of dark magic*

Starfire: Oh, it is wonderful that you can talk, small felines!

Beast Boy: You bet it is! I hardly ever get to talk with other animals!

Cyborg: That ain't true! Just yesterday you were hanging around with the girl Wonder Twin. What was her name...?

Beast Boy: Dude!

Starfire: I shall teach the small kittens all about dishes from my home planet, and we will celebrate Blorthog, and drink mustard from the bottle!

Dorthy: *rolls eyes at Beast Boy* Where is the Tenth Doctor when you need him?

Caspian: I can shoot him out of my tomato cannon if you want.

Dorthy:.... Maybe. We'll see.

Frodo: You've got mustard? Sweet!

Dorthy: Frodo, we've got a chocolate volcano.

Frodo: Well, yeah, but....

Flower: Jeeze, I left and you guys started using spaces. What's Blorthog?

Midnight: /I/ leave and suddenly everyone starts talking to strangers.

Caspian: Dude, it's called making friends. Or enemies. Enemies are better.

Midnight: *facepaw*

*digs up old thread*

It's very echo-y in here.. Hello...? Anyone here..?

*nothing but the sound of her own voice bouncing back at her*

My old home... quite deserted..

*shrug*

Well, I suppose that it's time to take note of the echo patterns in this place.

This is an insane asylum. The echoes exist whether the walls are insulated or not... Or maybe that's just the voices of all the tiny little people inside of my head..

Ooops, you weren't supposed to know about them.

*scribbles furiously in notepad*

I really love Freckles' strong sense of self-awareness and purpose as she moves forward in life. It's inspiring.

To re-read Walker Percy's Lost in the Cosmos. And possibly to research semiotics beforehand so I actually understand the middle section of the book this time.

Mmm, semiotics. That brings back lovely memories from my 1st semester at university. So in case you need to know what differentiates an intentional sign from an unintentional sign, I can help. I can also offer vivid descriptions of the feelings of a university freshman who had to take a language theory and language philosophy course in their 1st semester. But the fear and the adrenaline made me remember it better than anything from the other semesters. Hey, wait, no, don't run away! I have so much to tell you about my university years!

Back