Sophie Wilcox

Princess Frances

Will people defend Sophie?
She may have been plump and may have had buck teeth but that is all too many people elsewhere seem to talk about. I thought that she made an OK Lucy.

You mean the BBC Lucy, right? I think she did just fine. Mister Lewis never did envision Lucy as a girl who would grow up to be a supermodel.

Indeed. Now that Georgie Hensley has had time to grow up, she has emerged as a beauty who can stand unashamed, looks-wise, in any company. But this does not change the fact that the character of Lucy Pevensie was never about movie-star attractiveness.

You know what this reminds me of? The attempt to delete OLD people from everything. If you're familiar with Spider-Man, you'll recall that his Aunt May looked about fifty thousand years old from the very first time she was introduced; but when Spider-Man was rebooted for the movie "Captain America-- Civil War," Aunt May was changed into the relatively young, and still attractive, Marisa Tomei. The same thing was done in the TV series "Smallville," with Superboy's adoptive parents being made younger.

But to get back to Sophie Wilcox: I wonder what she looks like now?

Thanks Princess Frances for posting that link of the BBC Pevensies reflecting on their Narnian adventures. It was cool to hear their stories and to see how they looked like when they were in university.

Back