Lewis considered his Space Trilogy science fiction, yet it seems more like fantasy to me, and it is by Copperfox's definition. Maybe he just thought that because it involved space travel...
It`s just that when the Space Trilogy was written in it was in the same vain as a lot of what was being published as science-fiction at the time.
Its just that our knowledge of the solar system has increased tremendously since then and nobody can now write stories that don`t take in to account what we now know about Mars for example and have them treated as SF.
Not that it detracts from Lewis`s fiction in any way.

Re-read of The Hobbit

This is something I was planning to do towards the end of 2011 and made it a "must do" before the release of the first film.

2012 rolls around and I have just finished reading The Hobbit for the second time. :D

I saw this on facebook, and thought I'd share it, in case you guys hadn't seen it. :D

Attachments

• 400070_10150542293424679_811054678_8610038_2119098977_n.jpg
    400070_10150542293424679_811054678_8610038_2119098977_n.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 88
I've seen it, too. It's great, and should be true.... (I've already started downloading screensavers based on the Hobbit trailer--yes, I'm pathetic.)

Funny how people freak out just because the Mayan calendar makers didn't live long enough to update past 2012.

The movie does look great. It is funny because anyone in civiliZation knows when the world is going to end. I believe that 2012 will be a change for mankind, but not an end.

I'm really excited. And by really excited i mean REALLY EXCITED :D:D i'm only kind of sad because its chopped into two parts... i think :confused:

If they pick the RIGHT things to fill in time with, it'll be worth it. I particularly hope that they will SHOW Gandalf getting together with the other Wizards, which happened offstage in the book.

They've cast Radagast the Brown, Saruman's in it, and so is Galadriel. I think we're nearly guaranteed the White Council will be in this.

Yah, like Arvan says, I am pretty sure we'll see the Council -- and maybe the Necromancer!!!!

This ought to be good. I can't wait!

Don't believe so...but then, it's been about 7 years since I read Hobbit, and I've never read The Sil.

However, from what I understand of Middle-earth races, wizards are a race separate from Elves, Men, and Dwarf.

Back