• Episode I: The Phantom Menace

• Episode II: Attack of the Clones

• Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

• Clone Wars Animated

• Episode VII: The Force Awakens

• Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

• Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Results are only viewable after voting.
(In regards to the whole "weird" aspect, we've been told that certain sexual orientation elements will appear in the Wars universe, in future films. We can presume that means that Last Jedi will have one or some of these elements. :rolleyes: )

That being said, I've avoided reading or hearing any spoilers related to the film. Not necessarily on purpose either, but I supposed I'm okay with that at least until I see the trailer(s). I'm still holding out hope that Rey's lineage will not be what the majority of fans think (I.e. Skywalker or Solo; and since we've been told that her parents won't appear in this film, that gives me a slim measure of excitement that her lineage will be tied to another certain Jedi. ;) ).

Apparently there's been already a lot of hub-bub with the photo of the product packaging. Rey's hair is down (yay!) and people are trying to tear apart the meaning of the photo. Who cares? It's a promo photo. Those things are usually photoshopped out of context anyway!

I doubt we'll see *ahem* certain topics that will not be discussed on this forum in The Last Jedi. When it comes to animated movies, Star Wars films, and Marvel Movies (Netflix doesn't count), Disney has stated that they will not be depicting any such relations in those films, The official statement is that these movies play in countries where such practices are forbidden. ( And based on the hubub over the live action Beauty and The Beast , they'll probably be extra careful. Which frankly the more I think about it, it the remake didn't need to be done in the first place. The animated movie was amazing enough as it was, and it's not like the characters were virtual blank slates like Cinderella and the Prince in the animated Cinderella, but that's another post for another forum.)

On to the packaging, even more hilarious was the hubbub when one website noticed a tiny scar over Rey's eye. They acted all indignant love rite. But it's like if Anakin, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, and Luke can lose limbs, other characters can get bumps and scratches, then why can't Rey get a little tiny scar. To say that you want strong women in fiction but don't want them to show any scars is hypocritical.

Last edited:
Well, it is just the teaser trailer. They're trying not to give too much away.

Still, there are some things to talk about there. What do you think Luke meant by "It's time for the Jedi to end."?

Well, it is just the teaser trailer. They're trying not to give too much away.

Still, there are some things to talk about there. What do you think Luke meant by "It's time for the Jedi to end."?

Here's an article I found, though it's not the exact one I read a few days ago, that offers some thoughts. The one thing I know for sure these articles had in common was the Gray Jedi concept.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4146503/je...-jedi-in-new-star-wars-the-last-jedi-trailer/

It's also quite possible this is a hype-trick, made to make fans flock to the theater. It may not even be in the final film.

I doubt they'll go that route. The new Disney canon doesn't seem interested in doing anything that would please the fans.

(Can you see I'm still peeved at them over Force Awakens? So much potential. So much waste.)

I liked it. Most of the people I know who didn't like it said that it was because they tried /too hard/ to please the fanbase and it didn't work.

Anyway, Season 4 of Rebels is set to be the last one. Dave Filoni finally was able to convince people to let him have a character ride a wolf. That should keep him happy for a while.

I liked it. Most of the people I know who didn't like it said that it was because they tried /too hard/ to please the fanbase and it didn't work.

Anyway, Season 4 of Rebels is set to be the last one. Dave Filoni finally was able to convince people to let him have a character ride a wolf. That should keep him happy for a while.

They did try too hard, and I think it's where they failed. But Disney threw out the established canon of how many years? I think that's what irked a lot of fans MORE than anything else. I didn't realize how much I was looking forward to a live-action version of Mara Jade...only to realize we weren't going to get one because now she's non-canonical. :mad:

Anyway. Rogue One fared better (I think) because a) Saw Gerrera and b) it bled right into A New Hope with characters appearing from Revenge of the Sith (Mon Mothma and Bail Organa) as well as Return of the Jedi (Mon). And having a CGI Princess Leia/Tarkin didn't hurt things. I know some have been critical of that move, but the Leia was a brilliant addition. Rogue One gave many fans the ending that they wanted with Clone Wars-a bleed off directly into a film from the franchise.

There's also some talk floating around that Ahsoka might possibly get her own animated tv series/mini series. I'm all for this, but live-action is my hope in all honesty!

I've yet to watch Rebels. Since 4 will be the last, I'll probably start watching the series through once season 4 is released on dvd. Or hopefully it'll be on Netflix streaming. ;)

I'm ready. I'm really ready for the movie to come out, though.

Also, I'm tired of the internet's obsession with the porgs. They probably aren't even going to be that big a part of the film.

Also, I'm tired of the internet's obsession with the porgs. They probably aren't even going to be that big a part of the film.

Ditto. After watching the trailer, I don't see the obsession. I mean, they're cute; but to the level people are taking it...I don't understand it at all.

I'm still Team Ewok. Probably always will be. ;)

After watching the trailer, my feelings are meh. I mean, I still plan to see it (in fact some friends and I are planning to see it on Saturday the 16th for my birthday which is on the 18th), but Rogue One gave me so many feels when I watched the trailer for the first time. Heck even TFA's trailer gave me chills. Just not overwhelmed with TLJ.

Agreed. It has such a dark feel, which I suppose should be expected for Star Wars these days. Visually I'm sure the film will be stunning. I'm going opening night with my friend and his family, in IMAX! But Rogue One, it's ending and all, has been the only Star Wars film in years to capture the spirit and hope that I think Star Wars was/is and ought to be. I think the trailer was meant to not give away too much, and this film has been kept pretty well under wraps. Luke needs to come around, I just don't think they want to show that yet. Luke and Leia need to reunite. Not having that, alone, would make the Sequel Trilogy pretty dog-gone depressing. Leia going out in a "big way" better not be at the hands of her psychopathic son or his similarly mentally ill mentor.

After watching the trailer, my feelings are meh. I mean, I still plan to see it (in fact some friends and I are planning to see it on Saturday the 16th for my birthday which is on the 18th), but Rogue One gave me so many feels when I watched the trailer for the first time. Heck even TFA's trailer gave me chills. Just not overwhelmed with TLJ.

I actually really enjoyed TLJ trailer; it got me really pumped to see the movie. I guess I'm just really curious to see where they go with character development and stuff; especially with Kylo Ren. He never seemed like the true villain of this trilogy, so I'm interested to see what they do with it.

I didn't get chills or anything from the trailer, but it caught my attention for sure.

I'm writing a story where the Jedi are *defeated* in ROTS but not *destroyed*. Maybe they can make an alliance with the planets and factions making up the Confederacy. So you either get a continuation of the Clone Wars or the Galactic Civil War starting earlier.

Back