Narnia Play Performances

GondorGirl

Devourer of Threads
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
So there isn't really a subforum for "Other adaptions of Narnia" so I decided this fit better here than anywhere else.

My church has a (semi-)thriving drama group and we have performed The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe multiple times. (I was Susan the first time and Mrs. Beaver the second. I'm still incredibly proud of this.) We've had some interesting experiences with the script adaptions, finding the rights and things like that. I do often see schools doing LWW, it's surprisingly easy to adapt into a play. I was wondering if anyone else had any experiences with dramatic productions of Narnia.

This came to mind because this summer we're taking on a bigger challenge: We're doing Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Our very own Dame of Gondor is going to be Lucy. (My other siblings and I are going to be various other characters, the cast is huge and we'll be doing a bit of doubling. (Most notably my youngest sister will be the chief duffer and Twilight and I will, appropriately, be Duffers.) This is possible because there is a very cool lady in New Zealand writing faithful adaptions of the books in coordination with the C.S. Lewis estate. I was also wondering if any of you have ever heard of her work. According to the script I have with me, her name is Erina Caradus. I can testify her adaption of Dawn Treader is exceptional, probably the best adaption we've worked with of any book we've performed as a play.

This is such exciting news, Gg! Thanks also for the lead for Erina Caradus and her Lewis Estate approved adaptations. Hope your preparations for Voyage of the Dawn Treader go well. Sounds like a lot of fun!

I've seen a couple of community adaptations of LWW locally, but neither I nor my children have been involved in one. And I have not seen any of the other Chronicles on stage.

I have seen childrens' adaptations, so they probably were the work of Erina Caradus.

She only recently started doing adaptions, I think. There have been childrens' adaptions around for a long time. We've done two, they were... less than stellar.

This doesn't exactly fit ANY existing topic thread I can think of, but I have to put it SOMEPLACE.

The band which made the linked video is usually remembered only for the song "Always Something There To Remind Me." I myself only heard the linked song seven minutes ago. But when I saw the fantasy scenario, I could not help suspecting that the band PURPOSELY wanted the scene to suggest going to Narnia through the Wardrobe.

Back