The Lord of the Rings- J.R.R. Tolkien

i cannot pick between Tolkien and Lewis to save my life. they r oth brilliant writers, and are my favorte fantasy authors.

ive read most of narnia...the only ones that i havent read r LB and MN...lv cuz i never bougt it, and MN cuz i couldnt finish.

ive read the tolkien trilogy, and the hobbit, and hope to read Sil. soon.

~AOS~

I am a Lord of The Rings fanatic!! I liked all of the books-including all others having to do with middle earth, but I watch the extended versions of the movies all the time!! I have got mostly everyline memorized by now!!

I LOVE LOTR!! I only learned about Narnia through a biography of Tolkien that I wrote. Once I learned that it was coming out I went and got all seven books and read the first two. But I probably could not pick between Tolkien and Lewis, either. Tolkien won my heart but I am feeling Narnia pushing its way in. ~Bree~

Im a very big fan of the trilogy. I like how Tolkien showed the themes Coming of Age and Good vs. Evil in the books. and the movies were just really awesome !! very good cast with Ian mcKellan, elijah wood, viggo mortensen, orlando cloom ;D , etc. They portrayed their characters really well !

I adore LOTR and The Hobbit. I don't think I could pick between Tolkien and Lewis though. Both are excellent authors and I enjoy reading and rereading their works.
I've read the Hobbit probably about 7 times and LOTR triology about 3 times.

I didn't like the style it was written in. Maybe I should give it another chance, but the first time I read it, it didn't really hold my interest and seemed very simple and flat.

I agree with you, Dryad. Hobbit is clearly a children's story, and has a lighter, more whimsical storyline (the elves are almost goofy). I've lost count of how many times I've read The Lord of the Rings, but I've only read The Hobbit about four times.

LOTR is one of my current obssessions, my father got me into it. I have read the books about a dozen times and I love the movies. I really think they should make the Hobbit into a movie though.

My mom kept telling me to read Tolkien after reading the Chronicles of Narnia, but I just flat out refused. When the first movie released, it got rave reviews, so I wanted to know what the fuss was about. I read the book first, as I always do, and I LOVED IT! I am still obsessed with it, it is just SO GOOD!

Yay :) I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan - books and movies. Though C.S Lewis is probably my favourite author out of the two and I've been a Lewis fan for a lot longer - I was more fanatical about my Tolkien-'fanness' though I think I still like Lewis better. I didn't actually read LOTR until after the second movie came out and then I read the books -which are great btw ;) I actually found this site from a LOTR site www.councilofelrond.com - the Narnia fans there have a thread and link to this site as well as narniaweb :p.

I am also a big fan of LOTR; my father read the books to me (including The Hobbit) when I was younger, and I have since read the stories twice more. I have also seen the movies about 10 times each. But I have read CoN at least 5 times and I think I like CoN a little bit better. I also love all of C.S. Lewis' other writings.

I love LOTR!!!!!!!!!!!! Made sure I read the books before I saw the movies, and I must say, the movies were great, but the books were WAY BETTER. *as usual*

I think The Hobbit is wonderful too. *Yeah Bilbo! He's my hero!* We have the same initials...

Start counting down, cuz The Hobbit hits the cinema end of 2006! :D

Elizabeth Pevensie said:
Their making the Hobbit into a movie, where did you hear that?I must tell my father! He loves LOTR as much as I do!

They finally are now? Where did you hear this lovely bit of information?

Back