NEW Harry Potter Thread - All Harry Potter Here

How did you like the Deathly Hallows Part One movie?

• Loved it!

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Enjoyable, could have been better

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • It was OK, but not great

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Hated it

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Right. In fact that whole ethos of the truth being "hidden" is very reflective of Scripture at every stage in Harry's life ... His whole being sent to the Durselys could be seen as the way Mary and Joseph had to flee Palestine for Egypt in order to escape from Herod's reign of terror -- Jesus was taken quite out of the nation where His life would have it's context and meaning, while Harry was taken out of the magical world and "hidden," like Jesus, in the Muggle world.

Christ's glory was hidden in the body of a carpenter who lived in obscurity until He blazed onto history's pages at age 30; even then His true nature was hidden until after His death. His truth, His light, was hidden.

It was the same in HP ... Harry's true nature was almost constantly misunderstood and hidden; remember even in Chamber of Secrets people thought Harry was the Heir of Slytherin. He was constantly misunderstood, his goodness and potential always hidden -- even sometimes from those closes to him. Remember how angry Ron was during half of Goblet of Fire because he thought Harry had put his own name in the goblet? Isn't that like the way Jesus was misunderstood by his own family (they came and told people He was mad and needed taking care of, and his cousin John the Baptist even sent followers to ask Jesus whether He was the Messiah or if they should look for another.)

Throughout Harry's story, there are many parallels to Scripture, includin this one, that his true nature is hidden away, and misunderstood, just as Christ's was.

I think Voldemort's desire to become immortal is parallel of people who wanted to believe that they could immortalize themselves.
And in trying to defeat death, be brings about something worse than death. If Harry's vision of the afterlife (in King's Cross station! bit of symbolism there) is accurate, Dumbledore, who embraced death in the cause of saving lives, was whole and happy, whereas Voldemort, who tried to defeat death by killing others, was blighted and in agony.

Right ... I believe there's a Scripture that says sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace, or an angel of light ... So something like the ring or the locket which might looke desireable could actually turn out to be deadly.

I think this quote for DH might clear things up(about the Dark Lord)

“That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.”

"Voldemort himself created his own worst enemy, just as tyrants everywhere do! Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress?"

I loved the DH 1! :D (I actually liked it better than the book. Of course, I've never liked HBP and DH)

I see some of you were afraid of Harry and Hermione kissing. :) I'm actually sort of a H/Hr shipper (well, I would prefer them all to be single, but that wouldn't happen and I would rather have H/Hr than R/Hr or H/G). xD So, I liked the dance scene... and the other Harmonian scenes. (I liked a lot of the other scenes, too, like Hermione Obliviating her parents)

I wonder if we'll see more of Ginny and Neville in the part 2. Does anyone know if Rowling ever explained why Cho Chang was in Hogwarts in the DH? She is a year higher than Harry and co.

Erm, she came back? Wasn't she only in the Room of Requirement and came through at Ginny and co.s request to fight? That's what I think Fred and George did anyway.

After talking about this elsewhere, I had an interesting realization:

The start of Ron and lavender's relationship began after Harry pretended to give Ron Felix Felicitis. The end of the relationship was after actually drank it himself.

MrBob

I found this totally awesome poster for HP Deathly Hallow Part 2 that WB just let out

normal_films_dh2_poster_001.jpg

OMH That's amazing. xD I'm so unbearably excited already! And yet the thought of the series ending makes me wanna cry a little bit? *sigh*

Back