Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Janeway, Voyager

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Archer, Enterprise

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Other - state who in your post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's OK; I didn't care that the Janeway/Chakotay thing didn't work out, but I just didn't like them then going, "Oh, next best thing! Chakotay/Seven!" like it was an afterthought ... plus to me Seven seems like a woman who would always be self-contained and never really interested in a relationship because of her heredity and composition.

Oh, cool! I love Star Trek fiction. I've read a ton of those books. I like them beause they are like the series, you know everything is going to end OK, and it is going to be more or less g-rated. Plus I like all the characters.

My brothers are also big fans of ToS, and one time when we were together we sat down and tried to list every episode. It was embarrassing how many of them we actually listed -- we were only short like 3 or 4 episodes ...

Oh, cool! I love Star Trek fiction. I've read a ton of those books. I like them beause they are like the series, you know everything is going to end OK, and it is going to be more or less g-rated. Plus I like all the characters.

My brothers are also big fans of ToS, and one time when we were together we sat down and tried to list every episode. It was embarrassing how many of them we actually listed -- we were only short like 3 or 4 episodes ...

My older sister and I could probably do that. :D Hmm, I smell a Duffer thread coming on... :p

Oh, I forgot to mention I've been reading a trilogy of original series books. It's a series called, "My Brother's Keeper". The 3 books are subtitled, "Republic", "Constitution", and "Enterprise." They're good, but the language can get a little much at times. Kirk can get foul-mouthed, as can Bones. :rolleyes:

I think I might dress up like Darth Vader or some Star Wars character to the opening night of Star Trek and then in the middle of the movie storm out making a gigantic noise while going out. Besides that it looks awesome.:p

but the only thing about the new movie is: the sexual content. Kirk gets into bed with both Uhura and with an alien. This is one of the pitfalls of HOllywood; they take the womanizing aspects of Kirk and exagerrate it. I know Kirk probably fell into bed with every beautiful woman he came across,k but with uhura? SEriously? There should be SOME kind of limit. That's the only beef I have right now with Abrams. And this will be another ST film that I probably won't see until it releases on dvd.

I'm worried about the sexual content too. The PG-13 rating listed on the movie's website right now says "Brief Sexual Content." Granted, that could mean anything these days, but I'm trusting it will be a two-minute scene where my brother and I look down and wait for the Red Alert alarm to go off, forcing Kirk and Uhura to stop. :D

I guess the two had some sort of "sexual tension" during the original series (that's coming from a Trekkie I've met here at school). *Shrug* They did kiss once, but that was under telekinetic influence ("Plato's Stepchildren", no?).

Oh, and about the Darth Vader uniform...expect a couple of Vulcan nerve pinches or some Kirk drop-kicks if you wear that into the theater, since there won't be phasers allowed, of course. :D

Yeah I'm hoping it's just implied.

if anyone wants to, go visit trektoday.com. They have some new behind the scenes clips and other film clips; the ET clip is interesting, but the movie clips I couldnt' see because Google Chrome wouldn't open up the website...so hope they're okay.

do you REALLY want to see the new star trek movie?

Do you really want to see the new star trek movie coming out?I did at first,but then,I saw the commercials,and found it creepy for these reasons.

1.Sex.It shows Kirk in bed with SOMEONE,I don't want to know who.

2.violence and special effects.This might not be as bad,but I liked the old special effects in TOS.

3.Just the side note.It says "Not your father's kind of star trek".I found this sickening,because now I think "well,if its not like the old days,then I wonder if it will be all new-aged and awful!" and I don't wanna have star trek like that!

Just my thoughts.

This is one thing I wish people would stop doing. Judging a film by its cover.

I will probably never watch the other 10 films again, but at least I saw them before I judged. I ask that all fans see the movie before they judge or gripe. And never listen to the critics. This is one reason why Caspian bombed in theaters; the negative publicity of people who REFUSED to see it BEFORE it even released.

I plan on seeing it. THe clips I've seen have gotten me interested in what the storyline is about. And the rating is for "brief sexual content." More than likely, it's implied.

If you don't want to see it, fine. But I wouldn't be griping about it just based on clips, commercials, and the trailer(s).

EDIT: let's face it: the effects of Enterprise (the series) was more advanced than TOS. and Enterprise supposedly took place before Kirk, so...I don't see it being that big of a deal. And I dobut the violence will be any worse than the other films. And the language for that matter.

Implied means something is suggested, but not necessarily shown. :)

For example: say that in Silver Chair, there is a scene between Caspian and Ramandu's DAughter (on their wedding night, maybe). You see them kissing on the bed then it cuts away, therefore, it's implied that the couple had sex. (I'm not trying to be anti-family here, it's the only thing I could think of). Implied is bad, I'll admit. But I'll take it over actually seeing it.

Here... In the movie Stardust at the very beginning you see a shop girl and a guy flirting at the beginning by a Caravan. Later they both go into the caravan and the door is closed.
The movie then spans out to nine months later when a baby is dropped off at the guys house. Therefore implying that the two had had sex though you never saw it.

That's what my brother-in-law keeps saying. He's like, "it's so weird seeing him play the good guy!" I dont' watch Heroes, so I have no clue as to what he means. lol.

I really have no emotional attachment to the series, I've never seen it before, and I haven't seen the trailer yet, honestly.

But if it's well-made and not too inappropriate, I would be okay with seeing it. If it is a good movie, then I'll see it, plain and simple. I definitely don't plan on seeing it the first day, but maybe sometime down the line.

Putting all arguments about whether it is ok to watch such content, I object to seeing it because I think it cheapens the characters. I've heard lots of people saying that Uhura is part of it with Kirk and that though just disgusts me. I'm sorry, Uhura was a strong enough person to see that Kirk just likes to play with women and wasn't interested in who she was. To make her the type of person who seeks out that kind of involvement cheapens who she is and tells you a lot about the filmaker's ideas about women who are heroic and strong. A strong and smart women would know enough to avoid that kind of encounter with Kirk. A "babe" who is obviously there for eye-candy and not because she's important to the ship or the story would jump right into the kind of scene I would like to avoid seeing.

This link is totally spoilerific but extremely interesting: SPOILER!

Any thoughts on this? Personally I am cautiously all for it, I've always secretly thought it would be awesome if it happened, especially if it keeps Uhura and Kirk from making out.

Back