Laura Popplewell

Driad54

I recently read somewhere that Anna Popplewells sister, Laura, is going to be acting in a movie (not sure of the title) based on the books of Phillip Pullman. These were very disturbing to me when I read them because of the following reasons:

1)There were demon-like things that were connected to their master and felt
pain whenver their master did.
2)
at the end of the third book, it is pronounced that there is no
true God, and that Heaven is a non-existent

Now Narnia is the complete opposite of this and I wanted to warn her somehow before she enters but I don't know how now.

Anna Poppewell starred as a vampire when she was younger, the fact that her sister is doing something like that doesnt surprise me. And dont trust everything you hear/see because it may not be true.

Driad54 said:
I recently read somewhere that Anna Popplewells sister, Laura, is going to be acting in a movie (not sure of the title) based on the books of Phillip Pullman. These were very disturbing to me when I read them because of the following reasons:

1)There were demon-like things that were connected to their master and felt
pain whenver their master did.
2)
at the end of the third book, it is pronounced that there is no
true God, and that Heaven is a non-existent

Now Narnia is the complete opposite of this and I wanted to warn her somehow before she enters but I don't know how now.
The books are fantasy. I've read them, and like Eragon, Harry Potter, Narnia and LOTR, there is nothing wrong with reading them.

I'm not a big fan of Phillip Pullman because 1) he screwed up the ending for the last book and 2) he has had nasty things to say about CS Lewis.

But in short, I don't think it's good to look down on books you haven’t read.
I’ve read the books each once and didn’t particularly care for them, but I am interested in how the movies pan out so I will probably go see them.

Fantasy is called fantasy because it's just that. It isn't real, unless you can come to terms with that, you shouldn't read such books.

-Austin

I think she was just the voice of Lyra on the audio books or something like that...

I used to dream about being Lyra in the movie thats comming out soon ( The golden compass)!

The books are ok. I like the fact that for a change they're athiest books.

well, the daemons aren't bad. They're peoples souls. Their best friends. Philip Pullman is just trying to pass on to people that their souls are really important...:)

and i really hope that Laura plays Lyra (if we're talking about the smae book (the golden compass))....if that is who she is rumored to be going to play (i hope that made sense!)

I really don't know much about Laura, but if she's as good at acting as Anna she would make a good Lyra.

I don't care much for "His Dark Materials" or Philip Pullman. So for all I care Philip Pullman better leave C.S. Lewis alone.

As for Laura, its her choice to choose if she want to play in the movie or not.

I agree that it's Laura's choice wether to act in the movie or not. I really liked the books when I read them. The ending wasn't that great but a lot of books do have unsatisfactory endings. There is stuff that I don't agree with but I still enjoyed reading them and just took it as a story. I can see how some people shouldn't read them though.

It's kind of strange how they act in completely different movies... but I think it's cool that Anna was in "The Little Vampire".

Lulu can be a nickname for Laura? :eek: *thinks about telling people to call me Lulu* lol

Emirin said:
I don't care much for "His Dark Materials" or Philip Pullman. So for all I care Philip Pullman better leave C.S. Lewis alone.

As for Laura, its her choice to choose if she want to play in the movie or not.

Agree...If Laura doesn't want to do it for her own reasons, then that's fine w/ me...:)
I just would have liked to see another Popplewell in the fantasy-movie buisness...:( (that is, if she doesn't take the part)

Back