Favorite Lord of the Rings song

yes. maby why i like him? but he is also nine years older, doesnt live here, isnt a christian, and... doesnt know me~

May It Be
The Council of Elrond
Flight to the Ford
The Prophecy
Lothlorien
The Breaking of the Fellowship

Gollums Song
..and I like lots more on the TTT one..I just dont know the names..:eek:

and I like that song in ROTK the book, the one about the Hobbits..when they're in Minas Tirith..and I forgot some of the words..

and I like Pip's song...the one he sings in ROTK movie. does that one have a title?

Hmmm...I like so many!! My personal favorite is Into the West(Im actually obsessed with that one:eek: :p )

Into the West
May it be
Concerning Hobitt's
Breaking og the fellowship
The ride of the Rohirrim
The Last March of the Ents
One of the Dúnedain Featuring "Evenstar"
The White Rider
Forth Eorlingas
The Hornburg
Samwise the Brave
Breath of Life
The Steward of Gondor
Hope Fail's
Twilight and Shadow(I really like this one too)
The Grey Haven's...
..and many more that I cant remember the names' of...

Ben del Meistro(sp) does a fantastic job on the songs.

Last edited:
It is at the end of Steward of Gondor:

Home is behind
The world ahead
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow
To the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow
Cloud and shade
All shall fade
All shall fade

If you mean from the movies, my immediate answer is "Into The West." For me, that song forever symbolizes my first wife, Mary Ravitts, escaping from all the pains of her long illness as she departed from this world and entered the presence of Jesus Christ.

My fave song from the movies is probably the Rohan theme (don't know the name)

From the books, probably Bilbo's Earendil song. You know, the one that he sings in Rivindell.

From the books...

The Lay of Luthian, and 'Gil-galad was an Elven King/of him the harpers sadly sing/the last who's realm was fair and free/between the mountains and the Sea...'

And from 'The Road Goes Ever On', my favorite is 'I Sit Beside the Fire and Think' :D

Books: i love the road goes ever on..., and also the song that the dwarves sing in Bilbo's house in the hobbit.

Movies: into the West and Concerning Hobbits (although me and my sister always start to scream 'ROHAN, ROHAN', when their theme passes:D)

Back