Question from an old member...

SOS~

Wow it has been over a decade since I joined this site and now I'm about to graduate college! Anywho, I wanted to look at some of my old posts and threads but whenever I click it says that searching is disabled. How can I undo this? :confused:Thanks.

As I understand it from something Paul (specter) posted on Facebook, the search was disabled for the whole forum because it was part of what was causing the forum server to crash all the time... The whole site was unavailable for many days in a row, and since he disabled the search functions I haven't seen the site go down since. So my guess is that until he figures out a way to search that's less server intensive, the search feature probably won't be back. That's how I understand the situation.... :)

As I understand it from something Paul (specter) posted on Facebook, the search was disabled for the whole forum because it was part of what was causing the forum server to crash all the time... The whole site was unavailable for many days in a row, and since he disabled the search functions I haven't seen the site go down since. So my guess is that until he figures out a way to search that's less server intensive, the search feature probably won't be back. That's how I understand the situation.... :)

Thanks for explaining! Hopefully he can figure it out soon. Is there a Dancing Lawn facebook group or anything?

Facebook is not good enough. I need The Dancing Lawn to continue! You can't effectively WRITE A NOVEL on a Facebook page.

Hi SOS~ and Copperfox
Do you have a specific thread in mind for which I could ask Specter's help in retrieving the links since <Search> is dsabled for the rest of us? (Copperfox, I mean in addition to the ones you previously mentioned to me.)
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Bénisse

Wow it has been over a decade since I joined this site and now I'm about to graduate college! Anywho, I wanted to look at some of my old posts and threads but whenever I click it says that searching is disabled. How can I undo this? :confused:Thanks.

Hi SOS --and Copperfox,
Although search has been turned off so the forum can run, you can access your stories and other posts if you follow these instructions.

1. Go to the section of the forum where you originally posted those comments, stories and threads.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page where Display Options are listed. You will see three black box options: <Sorted by>, <Sort Order>, and <From the>. Click on <From the> and select <Beginning>

3. It may take a while to load, but you will be able to see all the threads in that section from the beginning of time and hopefully you can scroll through and locate the posts/stories you need. There was a reorganization of the forum in 2010 or so some posts may have been moved around a bit, but eventually you should be able to track them down. Let me or Barbarian King know if you have any problems.
blessings, Bénisse

Hi SOS --and Copperfox,
Although search has been turned off so the forum can run, you can access your stories and other posts if you follow these instructions.

1. Go to the section of the forum where you originally posted those comments, stories and threads.

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page where Display Options are listed. You will see three black box options: <Sorted by>, <Sort Order>, and <From the>. Click on <From the> and select <Beginning>

3. It may take a while to load, but you will be able to see all the threads in that section from the beginning of time and hopefully you can scroll through and locate the posts/stories you need. There was a reorganization of the forum in 2010 or so some posts may have been moved around a bit, but eventually you should be able to track them down. Let me or Barbarian King know if you have any problems.
blessings, Bénisse

I am sorry for the late reply (7 months yikes!) I will try this :) thank you. I hope your all are well

PS not sure what happened to the Facebook page, I asked to join but was never accepted and it seems as though the page is no longer searchable. oh well!;)

Back