With Swords, Claws, and Teeth Bared

Zamron is still curious about what is happening with regard to the climate and the appearance of these yellow birds, but keeps any further thoughts on the matter to himself. Like the ogre, he is utterly unrepentant concerning the acts of torture, murders and other dreadful deeds he has done in the Queen's name; indeed he derives immense pleasure from such behaviour. Unlike Margrazk, however, Zamron has complete confidence in Jadis's abiity to deal with this or any other problem, and to ruthlessly crush any enemy without mercy, including these humans. "You are quite right," he states to his companions. "I was merely curious about these matters. However, I have complete confidence in Her Majesty's ability to deal with this and any other problem. Let us hurry and contact Distaff, so that we can fulfil the task the Queen has given us." With these words, Zamron quickens his pace toward the cave of the giant.

Margrazk proceeded quietly. As they went, he deliberately placed himself between the Wolf and the Minotaur, the position LEAST likely to be taken by anyone looking for a chance to desert the others.

Outside the Giant's home, a cage hangs from a tree. In it, obviously abused but so far still alive, is a half-grown female Griffin, missing many of the feathers from her wings, but available to have words put in her beak by ANY player who cares to jump in at this point.

Upon seeing the griffin, Zamron demands, "Is Distaff at home?" Despite her poor condition, the griffin raises herself up and glares at the three Jadisites.

N.P.C Griffin: "Yes, he's home, not that it will do any of you much good! Your time and that of the vile witch whom you serve is nearly over. The prophecies will soon be fulfilled: Aslan has returned to free Narnia from your evil mistress forever, and two Sons of Adam and two Daughters of Eve will fill the four thrones at Cair Paravel and rule Narnia under Him!"

Zamron is amazed at the griffin's remarks. His first impulse is to kill her immediately. However, he restrains himself, with a great effort, and tells his companions, seeing that they hadn't taken any more kindly to the griffin's audacity than he had himself, "Leave her be! She deserves to be punished with the utmost severity, but as she is Distaff's guest, we'll let him deal with her." Saying this, Zamron calls into the cave, "Distaff! We are here with an urgent message for you from Her Majesty the Queen of Narnia!"

Distaff met Drifter, Zamron, and Margrazk at his door "A message from her Majesty you say?" but he saw Drifter looking askance at the griffin and lost his focus. "I see you met my toy, the Queen granted her to me as door bell and plaything. I am not quite done with her yet. She will learn to mind." with that, Distaff threw a rock at the cage making it shake violently. "You show more respect to my visitors."

Margrazk found the nerve to ask Distaff, "Has that Griffin been speaking about places... OUTSIDE of Narnia? I have heard from informants that some winged creatures claim there is actually MORE land area in our world which is NOT under the Queen's control, than land which IS under her control. Nonsense, of course, but one should be aware of what suspicious persons try to make others believe."

Distaff looked a little confused, as he knew of the Northern Giant's territory that was friendly toward the Queen but not Her country. He was rather curious that this loyal subject of the Queen did not know of the lands outside of Narnia. "The creature knows nothing of such places, or has not under torture revealed anything of the sort. I, personally, have been out side of the Queen's country though. Her Majesty sent me to the land of the Northern Giants, we are allies and she would have a state dinner with them. I was there not more than three months ago. Why? Does Her Majesty feel as though our borders are breached?"

MARGRAZK: "I am not so high in the Queen's councils as to judge what she is thinking. I merely tell what I have heard-- which, to be clear, is that winged beings have claimed there is land where Her Majesty has NO power and NO allies."

"We can have this discussion later", growls Zamron. "The Queen's business takes priority over ALL other matters." He continues, in a lower voice, "The reason we are here, Distaff, is that Her Majesty has given us the task of summoning all loyal giants and ogres to Her castle, as soon as possible. Why The Queen has ordered this, I do not know for certain, but I think it may have something to do with humans being seen in Narnia. Be that as it may, I feel sure you will agree that this instruction must be obeyed without delay."

Distaff was more than visibly shocked when he heard Zamron say something about humans in Narnia. He had been beating the griffin for such rubbish for at least two days now and yet the Griffin had been in a cage for over two weeks. Therefore the griffin must have had access to one of the those accursed traitors who believes that Aslan is more powerful than the Queen. He was getting ready to smash the cage and the griffin with it when Drifter stopped him.

"Giant Distaff, we have not the time to destroy the creature. Let us instead use it as an example like the weasel. Carry the cage to the Queens house. Perhaps we can all have some fun with it while we wait."

Meanwhile, since the girl playing Farynn the Nymph had not shown up for many weeks of real time, Flakefeather the Bluejay grew tired of being stuck with nothing to do. He accordingly spotted a non-player Satyr character, Lucullus the Lackadaisical, and said, "Hey, NPC Satyr Lucullus! How about you join up with Farynn in looking for Aslan, so if her player comes back she'll still have someone to interact with? Then I can fly off and look for some ACTION!"

"Giant Distaff, we have not the time to destroy the creature. Let us instead use it as an example like the weasel. Carry the cage to the Queens house. Perhaps we can all have some fun with it while we wait."

"I agree with Drifter", says Zamron. "I am sure, once we reach Her Majesty's castle, that between us we can find some imaginative ways to punish this traitor! By the time we've finished with her, she'll be wishing that she'd never been born! However, business before pleasure, we've a job to do. Bring the griffin with you, but I suggest you gag her or something: we'll help you, if need be. For if she keeps spouting that treason all the way to the Queen's house, I cannot guarrantee that I shall be able to restrain myself from wringing her neck!"

N.P.C Griffin: "Just any of you try something like that, and I'll bite your hands off!"

Flakefeather, meanwhile, headed back to Mia the Hound, to report that he had left Farynn in good company. If Korkoa-the-player doesn't show up REALLY soon, I vote that we say Korkoa-the-leopard ALSO joined up with Farynn the Nymph and Lucullus the Lackadaisical.

OOC: I'm baaaack!
I think I'm pretty much caught up with what's going on; the bad guys have multiplied and the good guys are almost to the Stone Table, right? If there's anything else I should be aware of please tell me.

IC: As they followed Mia, Marble and Susan were also suprised by the change of the season. They had only heard about any season other than winter from their parents- who had never seen the other seasons either- and Marble had always wondered if they were nothing more than stories. Afterall, it had been winter for 100 years, why should it change?
Susan however had always believed in stories and was running through the green grass for the first time in her life, darting around and leaping up into the air to catch insects that she had never seen before. Marble simply stared around at the flowers and trees with awe, unable to fully comprehend what was going on. This was... spring?

As they neared the Stone Table Mia had started running and Susan had darted enthusiastically after her.
"C'mon Marble! Lets go!" the little she-cat called back to him.
Marble hurried after them. He stopped abruptly however when he reached the top of the hill, his eyes wide. The Stone Table was indeed there and for him it was yet another fantasy story come to life. The great Stone dominated the landscape and along with it there were creatures- some that he knew and some he didn't- hurrying around it. Further down the slope and even on the hill itself he could see tents set up in the new grass with even more creatures running amongst them.

"This is amazing!" breathed Susan.
"Yes it is. And frightening." replied Marble.
"Frightening?" said Susan, sounding perplexed.
"You think the Witch is gonna let this happen? Her winter has ended and her enemies are gathering here. Flakefeather was right, we are at war."
Susan stared at him, "You don't think Aslan can stop the Witch?"
Marble shrugged, "I don't know. I guess we'll see."

Flakefeather the Bluejay rejoined them. "That Nymph still is looking for a sight of Aslan; I think she's been joined by a Satyr named Lucullus the Lackadaisical, and possibly by our Leopard friend. I came over to see how you creatures are doing."

At this point, Mia too was over the crest of the hill, and her heart was doing a tap dance. There were tents, tents made of silk. A Giant Pavilion, and the Lion's Banner, the Stone Table, with the Deep magic written upon it, and beautiful people there that Mia had never seen before. (Sorry, if you are not ready for it, but I am going to move Exeter's group here too, or at least the bull). There was even a giant white ox.

The Satyr Exeter, seeing some Satyrs in the camp who carried weapons, went directly to them, showed them his twin roundshields, and explained how the Centaurs had advised him to fight -- horns forward with the shields guarding both his flanks. The others admitted that they had not thought of this approach, but conceded that it might be the best way for a Satyr without prior combat training.

Further north, Zamron, Drifter, Margrazk and Distaff are pursuing a very different agenda. Distaff rummages around his home and finds a large piece of filthy cloth and, whilst Zamron and Margrazk restrain her, Distaff proceeds to gag the griffin cruelly and efficiently. Although the latter struggle, at the same time making some very offensive remarks about all four Jadisites (and the white witch herself) they soon achieve their objective. "Excellent!" says Zamron. "Now let us summon the giants and ogres! You had better lead, Distaff: you are more familiar with this area than the rest of us." They then depart on the next stage of their quest.

O.O.C: I am working on the assumption that Distaff is agreeable to gagging the griffin. If not, then please advise me, Lava, and I shall revise what happened, based on your wishes.

Margrazk had a fleeting thought. Depending on circumstances, there just MIGHT come a moment, while the Griffin still was a captive, when Aslan MIGHT appear. If such a moment came, and if the Lion WAS as terrible as many small creatures had said, He might show mercy to an Ogre whom He saw LIBERATING the Griffin....

Back