Give the moviemakers silly ideas!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As awesome as this thread is, I still consider another one even funnier than this one. It was that old (since locked) Roleplay By Monologues thread that Copperfox started long ago when we had those wild role players that had joined by the handful! Go read through that thread. I promise you, YOU WILL FALL off your chair!

My favorite parts were the Amish rollerskaters and the whole incident of Magneto vs. Weird Al. Emmett the Cowboy got his start there and the thread also saw the birth of that famous superhero Bat-Bat, who's been underground for a while now. Super Duper Man made a brief appearance there too and we were able to travel into the future to see Harrison Ford at 110 years old attend the premiere of his newest flick Indiana Jones Versus the Adult-Diaper Stealing Mummies. Ah! And who can forget all the 13-year old female roleplayers trying outdo each other with invincible swords and going on interminable quests that no one but themselves understood?
Copperfox told me about that once, but I never got around to reading through much of the thread. I need to make time for it. :D

Copperfox told me about that once, but I never got around to reading through much of the thread. I need to make time for it. :D
Oh, boy. I hope you're still breathing when you get to the scenes with The Three Klutzateers, Doofus, Porkroast, Limpwrist, and D'Artagnan. Back then these guys were actually hot commodity for all those 13-year old role players. Each wanted them as the perfect sidekicks on whom to try their "awesome feminine power of persuasion" (as they put it).:D

Last edited:
Miss R, the _new_ Duffers thread "Attention-Deficit Roleplaying" is an attempt to revive the _same_ craziness as in "Monologues." The only difference from then is that _this_ time I'm no longer trying to get MrsGil-GaladTook interested in marrying me, since now I've got someone who IS going to marry me.

Is there a new thread like this one for The Silver Chair?

I wanted to say: "Use an electric chair instead of a silver chair. Tempt a half-electrocuted Rillian with hamburgers. Rename Coalblack 'Pretty pink horse.' Have the Narnians re-emerge in Telmar (instead of Narnia) in the middle of a pirate's brawl."

Here's a silly idea:

Make a movie based on the actual book, not the book of your imagination. Ridiculous, isn't it? :)

Pffffft... ridiculors idea! What will the teens think! They have tried that once... with LWW, it was soooo silly and childish! PC is soooo cool and VDT sooo exiting! And especially original! See, the makers are very creative. A movie based on the actual book, pfffft... That would be sooo childish! No love, no action! Just weird things and christian allegory and boring stuff, you know?

Could someone hand me a huge shield with the word IRONY
on it? Thanks!

Is there a new thread like this one for The Silver Chair?

I wasn't planning on starting one for TSC because the Mark Gordon Company has not had a prior chance to ruin....er... I mean, make a Narnia movie so we have to wait and see if they can pull it off. Besides, there is not forum yet specifically for TSC The Movie like there are for the other three. When Admin or the mods create that TSC forum, you sure are welcome to create a thread there if you're still up for it.:)

(Barbarian King -- I will talk to the other mods about when that Silver Chair forum will be launched)

(Barbarian King -- I will talk to the other mods about when that Silver Chair forum will be launched)
If you do, would you move my thread over (from the White Stag forum) to this new forum and make it a sticky?

With all do respect. I really don't know why people fuss about this film. Personally I thought it seeked to recap the lost magic of the second one. PC felt like it was trying to be an off-brand of Lord of the Rings. Dawn Treader felt like it intertwined the humor and vigor of the first one. By the way Will Poulter as Eustace was the highlight of the movie.

Since a majority of us seem to want David Tennet ( Dr. Who) as Puddelglum...

Puddlglum lives in a TARDIS...and the giants of Harfang are replaced with Daleks.

When Jill knocks Eustace off the cliff, he dies. Jill then undergoes a journey to the underworld, where Puddleglum and his wife Persephone refuse to give Eustace back. Jill tries to use her musical talents to convince them, but since she doesn't have any, Eustace remains in the underworld, and Jill has to go to Ettinsmoor by herself. (She gets eaten, but the sounds she makes while being cooked add comic relief.)

I guess it would make sense to start a new thread, but I am so sentimentally fond of this one that I like the idea of adding new posts and keeping it afloat. This thread showed up in a google query search of mine in early 2009, and I read through the entire thing. xD It was my introduction to the forum, and I have so many good memories of this thread. :D

Now, for a silly idea: Instead of having giants at Harfang, they should go the more modern route, and have a community of vampires instead.

So whats the verdict: now thread for TSC, or move this one? I vote for a new thread.

I was up for a new thread as well but since people keep adding to this one I supposed it will have to do for the time being. I like Ms. Reeps explanation for keeping this thread. :)

Oh, I know about a silly idea! Instead of giants throwing rocks they can have tall basketball players on a basketball court making free throws. Eustace of course will immediately joined them in a few rounds of H O R S E.

Last edited:
I guess it would make sense to start a new thread, but I am so sentimentally fond of this one that I like the idea of adding new posts and keeping it afloat. This thread showed up in a google query search of mine in early 2009, and I read through the entire thing. xD It was my introduction to the forum, and I have so many good memories of this thread. :D

Now, for a silly idea: Instead of having giants at Harfang, they should go the more modern route, and have a community of vampires instead.

As long as they don't sparkle, and don't fall in love with Jill...

Also, if we don't want a new thread, maybe we should move this one? I still think it will be better to make a new on, and keep this one as VOTDT. But I'll wait for a MOD to say what to do...

Last edited:
As long as they don't sparkle, and don't fall in love with Jill...

Also, if we don't want a new thread, maybe we should move this one? I still think it will be better to make a new on, and keep this one as VOTDT. But I'll wait for a MOD to say what to do...

We'll, I'm a mod now, and so is Ms. D. So I'll guess I can create another thread, unless she wants to challenge me to an eating contest in the mod lounge and the winner gets the say. However, we cannot have a cookie eating contest cause she'll out eat me and my army.

We'll, I'm a mod now, and so is Ms. D. So I'll guess I can create another thread, unless she wants to challenge me to an eating contest in the mod lounge and the winner gets the say. However, we cannot have a cookie eating contest cause she'll out eat me and my army.
No, you'd win the cookie-eating contest, because I'm allergic to the ingredients and will refuse to touch them. ;)

On further reflection, it does seem reasonable to start a new thread. But to keep this one from being completely forgotten, perhaps you could link to it in the new thread's first post, do say where we got the idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back