My Narnia books

Narniabeaver2005

These are the four old Narnia books I own in Danish.

fozrbb.jpg

I have a question about the Danish translations. When they write the names of the characters, do they try to keep the SOUND of the names from the English versions?

When someone translated the Chronicles of Narnia into Russian -- which I am able to read -- they took the character of Reepicheep, and DID NOT try to give his name the same sound. Instead, they made up a new name for him: a name that was made from actual WORDS in Russian. Their new name for him was Khrabrikhvost, which means "Brave Tail."

Wow in hardcover too, that's impressive. I dream of owning the books in hardcover with colored pictures. I have a larger hardcover version of The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and The Magician's Nephew. My Mom found them at a fleamarket I think as a bundle and they were really cheap. Sadly, they didn't do the entire series.

Along the same line as my question above: in the Danish translations, where Mr. Lewis had rhyming poetry in the English originals, is there also rhyming poetry in Danish?

\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \​

NOW AVAILABLE!! For those who have shown interest in my past music ministry, somebody has made a YouTube video of a song I wrote the words for! Lead vocal is Kevin S. Johnson, but I'm singing on there too. Recorded in 1976.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8fOzBbBHvQ&feature=youtu.be

Back