Roleplay Q&A

SlpNarniaQueen

I've seen that a lot of the new users have been having trouble getting into RPing, understanding RPing and getting into RPs. I decided to make a RP help thread here, where users who are having problems RPing, understanding it, getting into RPs, and getting into the storyline. So this thread is for people who are seeking help on any element of RPing, also where users who are having difficulty can practice RPing together and I can help guide you through it. So if there are any questions, concerns, comments or needing instruction go ahead and post here and I'll help you with what you need.

I have a tip for people...

Please use correct grammar and spelling. The best RPers are usually the ones who can get there ideas across clearly. I find it really hard and annoying to read "internet language".

Also, PLEASE read at least two or three pages back if you have no clue what's going on. Don't be wasting Bandwidth and space asking "What's going on?" and then complaining about how you never know what's going on.

That's all for now.:cool:

okay, ya'll are welcome. Do you have any certain issues you want help with?

That's a good one SL. Same for you Tiff.

and Lion, slang is very unhelpful for those who are reading. When you use proper grammer it's easier for others to understand and read.

I also have another one, for some of the newer ones.
When RPing, interact with other characters. This is often why I play several different characters for you all who have RPed with me so I can interact with many people and keep them all in the game. Don't make another plot, but go along and get your character into the plot that is going on. That is the best way to get involved. For instance:

Say there is a hurricane, and three characters (we'll name them George, Mary and Suze) are hiding in the basement of a house. Do NOT go off and say "[your character name here] is sitting in her room and reading" instead get into the plot that was created by the three other ones. So, for instance, you could be on a walk when it strikes and go toward the nearest house (thiers) and start banging on the door and screaming for help. That goes along with the plot and gets you involved with the other characters. Most likely, the other characters will come to the rescue and you all can get into a conversation with each other during the storm.

Now everyone, don't do that, you also need to do variation. So if one is out in the storm and comes to the door, pretend another one took refuge in the garage not knowing others were inside to help.

I have a tip for people...

Please use correct grammar and spelling. The best RPers are usually the ones who can get there ideas across clearly. I find it really hard and annoying to read "internet language".

Adding to this: PLEASE, PLEEEASE use periods! Some people type like this: shewalked to thestore and picked up a gallllonof milk she said tothe cashier "hican i buythis" That really annoys me!

I know what you mean sportygirl, that's very annoying. Another thing is people really have a lack on posting. And I know, I do it occasionly, like the sentance long posts, but when it's the same people who do it over and over it's annoying. So now when I make an RPG I have a sentace minimum on it, but alot of people look over it and it drives me insane.

I know what you mean sportygirl, that's very annoying. Another thing is people really have a lack on posting. And I know, I do it occasionly, like the sentance long posts, but when it's the same people who do it over and over it's annoying. So now when I make an RPG I have a sentace minimum on it, but alot of people look over it and it drives me insane.

:eek: heh er sorry lol

Though I have to say, sometimes there's not much other that a character can do besides explain it in one sentence, I know, even for me, I sometimes post one sentence cuz there's nothing else that i can do or say in that moment in time.

Two other tips
IF your speaking out of character always put o cc or something like that or say I am going to break character.
Separate action and dialogs with a comma or switch sentences.

That just eases confusion

Also, when two characters are interacting and you try to wedge your way in there and they're having a two person discussion, don't try to get in the way, or you'll just be ignored. So for example:

Say that two people are at a sleepover. They're telling secrets and you decide to climb in the window so you can be apart of it too...don't do it...it's VERY annoying and unreal.

When I'm in character, I act as If I'm writing a book.
And when I'm out of character I just talk normally.

In character = ic:
Out of character = ooc:
Back in character = bic:

I use those when transitioning in and out.

Last edited:
Back