Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair

yes it has been entirely too quiet about anything new. That said I did notice that IMDb has 2016 listed as the release date...no month or day though.

On another note, how about Hugh Laurie for Puddleglum?

Nice hugh Laurie would be a good Puddleglum. 2016? They better get moving! I wish they would ... we'll have no Middle Earth movie this December ... it would be nice to have SC to look forward to for December 2016.

Magician's Nephew

Didn't I hear they were also thinking of making the Magician's Nephew into a movie also ?

I hope they do all of them would really love to see The last battle made into a movie .

some news finally.

Well, as some of you probably know already it`s just been announced that the screenplay for the movie has finally been compleated.
Still no word as yet as to when they might move into production but it does show that things are moving forwards.
Just very, very slowly!

Been thinking a lot about Narnia recently as I watched people I work around (not with) read the Chronicles for the first time. Today I realized how much I hope they get the ending right in Silver Chair because as I told the one currently reading it, the ending of Silver Chair is my favorite part of the whole series. What do you guys think, what are your must-get-rights?

My expectations are low. Following the story is my number one thing. Don't add any unnecessary side story such as the sword or green mist thing in the previous film. However, they will probably add that. I also don't want them to make there be a fight with the Harfang giants, but again, they probably will add that as well.

MrBob

My problem with LWW was the implication that Aslan did not know the stuff about Peter et al prior to Beaver telling him. They made Aslan less omniscient and also downplayed his involvement with the deep magic from the beginning of time/deeper magic from before the beginning of time.

In the first movie, Aslan told Peter that Mr Beaver said that Peter jokingly threatened to turn him into a hat referring to the time when Peter, Susan, and Lucy were talking and complaining that Mr Beaver was being bossy.

I found this wrong for two reasons. the first was what Lava stated about Aslan not knowing. The second was that Mr beaver would be so petty as to tattle on Peter to Aslan for something so minor. If your god were to appear in person, would you go up to him and tell on someone you know for something so minor?

MrBob

Maybe Mr B thought it would be funny, that Aslan would get a kick out of it? That's all I can figure ... And as for telling him something he already knows -- you assume he already knows everything, so anything you tell him would be something he already knew, right?

My problem with LWW was the implication that Aslan did not know the stuff about Peter et al prior to Beaver telling him. They made Aslan less omniscient and also downplayed his involvement with the deep magic from the beginning of time/deeper magic from before the beginning of time.
Actually perhaps in the physical incarnation of Aslan he dosn`t know everything that is happening around him.
That makes his sacrifice in place of Edmund all the greater as he dosn`t altogether know in advance what the outcome of the events at the Stone Table are going to be and instead has to trust in the deep magic.

Things have been very quiet on The Silver Chair movie. 6 months ago they were saying the screen play had been completed which means they should be raising money for the film and casting. I suppose the casting results will be released in one large news release, but there should be reports from agents that actors are being auditioned. I know the movie isn't going to be a large budget (Maybe 110 million dollars), so known actors will be few. :(

When we started this journey, we started with unknown actors and the performance was magical. I would not mind if they made it just as magical while closer to the book with a bunch of unknown actors. To comment on the previous comment about how Aslan might have been limited in His physical form, we have no evidence that He had an alteration in His form from the Singing of Narnia into existence; there is no Aslan being born into Narnia in a limited form story. He is always the same Aslan. Also we know that Aslan is a type-Christ and Christ knew what was supposed to happen to Him from the beginning. Just remember one of the biggest complaints with Prince Caspain was that they had Aslan say "we will never know" instead of the "No, Nobody is ever told"

Back