Forum Issues

Fernie, who has been busy in babyland (congrats Fernie on your precious llttle one!) asked if I would post her observations and experience with this weird glitch.

FERNIE: Ok, I have been distracted in baby land and have been on in forever. However, I am currently logged in as Captain Holly. Logged out. Captain Holly again?
... makes me wonder how many people have been me... *shifty eyes*
and now I am specter... wow much higher temptation

haha and I have a problem in that I can't remember my password and it won't accept the redirect form that it sends me to my email... strange times
ok, so the thing I mentioned last seems in line with what Pardine was saying about eventually not being able to log in. Could someone post in the "Something Weird Going On" thread my observation, so we have it on the record. Though I am Spector, I can't post lol

I think that what we are experiencing is a progression from our difficulties with the sign-in procedure, that is when you sign in but then have to refresh the page before your sign-in "takes." Now when I enter the sight I never know who I am going to be, but I can still sign in if I click on replying to some thread and the sign in boxes then appear and I can get in that way after refreshing the page. I haven't tried starting a new thread yet though. I wonder what will happen?

Thank you everyone for your prayers and patience while Specter and friends address these issues. And thank you for your patience during this glitch season.

Well, it almost seems as if the forum is capturing users to "host" different parts of the forum. I am always Specter on the main page or Captain Holly. I am Miss Freckles in the Land of the Duffers, and the new member in the private messages. It would seem that mods will now be me when viewing the Mod thread area?

I have a problem too, but of a different nature, one which I've experienced for ages now. The difficulties I have is that IO cannot recall any of my previous posts and threads. I've made many attempts to do so, but all I get is a message saying "searching has been disabled". Can anyone help? Please? It's really frustrating!

I do agree with you. I'm looking at 3 or 4 other options, and might install on a new server, separate from this one, so that the website and the forum can operate apart from one another. Especially so that, if one goes down because of traffic, the other is not effected.

I'm very pleased by the real-world inference that Paul's family is all okay. And glad to see B-King back on. So next comes the recovery of threads that fell into the chasm.

I have been unable to recover ANY of my threads since the problems began as there is no search feature any longer. I've tried accessing previous threads on my page but always get the message "searching has been disabled". Am I alone in having this problem?

Back