What are you reading II

For fun, White, third book in the Circle series by Ted Dekker.

I'm also reading this really great book for school called, "Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus" by Nabeel Quershi, a devout Muslim who converted to Christianity. I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants to better understand Muslims or befriend them.

I just recently (well maybe a month ago) finished Gone Girl which I really didn't enjoy the ending to. The story was fast paced and I finished it in about two days, but it wasn't great.

Currently working my way through a book of short stories by Margaret Atwood, and they're good but many leave me with a funny feeling so I don't read more than one at a time before bed.

Need to find something light to read in addition!

audio book: Les Miserables -- first time to tackle the unabridged version. This one has 45 CDs! And it is wonnnnderful!

traditional books:
just finished C.S.Lewis' Letters to Children
currently reading:
The company they keep (about the Inklings and how writing in community influenced each other
An American Sign Language Phrasebook

Making my way through H.P Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos. Slowly, because I want to be able to sleep at night.

Also, a crossover between two of my favorite comic books.

"Helter Skelter," about the Manson murders, investigation, and trial.

As fascinated as I am with it, and as well-written and thoroughly informative as it is, it's a bit slow-going. I may put it down for a bit to read "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. She's my favorite author of all-time, never read a book of hers that I DIDN'T like.

Working my way through a book of short stories by Margaret Atwood. They're good but also leave me with a weird feeling so I can only read one at a time. I also feel like I need to know more about literature to fully appreciate them. :rolleyes:

Hope it's ok that I'm reviving this thread. I recently started working at my local library and have started reading much more - not as much as I did in high school (my prime reading years) but still a lot better than I have in a long time!

Anyway, currently reading This Star Won't Go Out, the biography of Esther Grace Earl. It's very engaging and easy to read, but so sad because I know how it has to end.

Working in a library can be dangerous if you want to keep your to-read list short.

I'm reading Lost in the Cosmos by Walker Percy. If you want an ironic self-help book that will explain why you're a hopeless case....

Canticle for Leibowitz -- I'm half way through and I still don't really understand what's going on!

Back