Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair

Wow! David Tennant would make an excellent Puddleglum :rolleyes:

I do hope they get Jill cast right and that they do not cut out that wonderful opening scene on Aslan's mountain with her little hiccup and Aslan blowing them safely off to Narnia. I think if they stick as much as they can with the book (like they did with LWW) they can't go wrong.

Also, who can play Rillian and more importantly, do we get Inigo Montoya Caspian or normal British Caspian?
ROFL!!! We've already had both of these. Maybe we will get an elderly, Asian Caspian.

"we need 2 Caspians, a very elderly one, and a young one"

They can easily put make-up on Benny. Plus, they don't need to show him up close. I liked how it was in the book where Eustace only finds out it was Caspian when it was too late.

I do not want Will Poulter to portray Eustace again. He is too old for that. They need to get someone younger. If they don't, it will be a romance movie. I guarantee it.

MrBob

Now here's a question: how crucial is it to the story that it be "British", Like lets say the guys who made Fireproof bid on the chance to write and direct, but their caveat was it had to be filmed in the US and it had to star people from their church ( or Kirk Cameron) and at the same time none of them could hold a British accent. Provided that nothing else changed about the story, would it be that detrimental to the story?

But if they must be British actors... I like John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, and Eric Idle ( the surviving Monty Python guys) as Glimfeather and the Owls.

I third David Tennet as Puddleglum. Keep the tradition of former Time Lord's playing Puddleglum.

Last edited:
I've never seen Doctor Who, but judging by what little I know about him and how much Doctor Who fans rave about him I'm sure he'd do a great job as puddleglum!

I checked out Caitlin Blackwood's IMDB page, though, and unfortunately she's just too young for the part if they stick with Will Poulter like I hope they do. In that case they'll need to case Jill in the 16-20 range.

Definitely David Tennant as Puddleglum, if at all possible. Certainly, they should use British actors and actresses in my opinion, although being English myself, perhaps I am biased!

I like British actors for the children for sure. And I like young Amy Pond from Dr Who for Jill. But I am afraid they are going to try to keep Will as a teen and so we will have a teen Jill ... Of course I want David Tennant for anything. He's bril.

All of the Friends of Narnia should come from the UK as that is how it was in the book.

As for the Narnians, it doesn't matter as much. The actors who played Miraz and Glozelle came from Italy. The one who played Sopespian was from Mexico. Maybe they could go into India or Japan to choose an actress for The Green Witch.

MrBob

^ Other country actors for Narnians is fine, as long as they still speak 'neutral' English! :D (Unless they need a different accent.) There is a sense of accuracy and also pride to have the core characters hailing from England.

Maugrim's voice in LWW really jarred for me as he seemed to be the only character randomly with an American accent. Why would they do that??

^ Other country actors for Narnians is fine, as long as they still speak 'neutral' English! :D (Unless they need a different accent.) There is a sense of accuracy and also pride to have the core characters hailing from England.

Maugrim's voice in LWW really jarred for me as he seemed to be the only character randomly with an American accent. Why would they do that??
I don't know why they'll do that. This brings me to something related. What should Puddleglum talk like. Would it make a difference if he talked like English or Welsh, or Scott or some other accent? I don't think Puddleglum should talk with an American accent though. That would be silly.

another I Puddleglum and this is really unconventional, but fantasy author Neil Gaiman is an actor and his favorite character in Narnia is Puddglum. Not only dose he have the unruly hair, but I heard him talk and he has the dour voice PG needs.

As long as Puddleglum has a dour yet British/Scotch accent and isn't put on Prozac to be made chipper for modern audiences I'll be fine. Only a Brit could come up with a character like that. Look at AA Milne's Eeyore in Winnie-the Pooh, Douglas Adam's Marvin the Paranoid Android in Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy, and some of actor Anthony Daniel's ideas and input into the character of C-3P0 in Star Wars.

While a Scottish accent is fine an' all, I think in this instance it might take away a bit from his Eeyoreish, pessimistic way of speaking. The dullness in his voice should be clear; so better for a more 'neutral' English accent, methinks. :)

Although I must say the Welsh accent suggestion rather intrigues me! :D

I still want the new Puddleglum to look better than the one in the BBC version. Giving him just a dirty face and web fingers isn't enough.

Back