The Duffer Encyclopedia

LOL! that's the best alternate version yet.

I must agree. lol

The Fine Line

(1)An uncharted land where the mythical Mod, IOWW, lives.
(2) Serves as a divider between the two collossal forces of Genius and Insanity, thus keeping the world and it's elements stable.
(3) Has subsequently been replaced by a trout for reasons of unknown importance. This replacement, however, has caused great distress for the Land of Line and it's lone inhabitant, as Genius and Insanity are now clashing for dominance and the last slice of left-over pizza in IOWW's fridge. Plans have been made for the trout to be replaced with a pine tree shaped air-freshener, but since the two awesome powers of Genius and Insanity are impervious to smell, we must conclude the end is near unless the fine line is returned to it's rightful place.
Save the Cheerleader, Save the world.

Trout

1. IOWW's most recent housing arrangement.

2. a fresh-water fish

3. The newest way that Cracker Barrel has chosen to torment employees' noses. (wasn't two fish types enough. Gosh, darn it)

4. the replacement for the line that ran between genius and insanity.

Submitted by ~Lava~, 7/7/09

Law Duffer of Book, The

An ancient book, often believed to be myth, which contains the rules, laws, history, traits, characteristics, and food recipies of the Duffer Society. While many have sought to find this incredible Duffer artifact, few have actually succeeded in accomplishing this daunting task. Although the book in it's entirety is rarely (Pretty much never) seen as a whole, fragments of it's awesomeness have appeared to the Duffer world by means of many powerful Duffers with ties to the ancient ways.
This book is often quoted specifically, and it's source cited.
Example: Fashion normal in things say not shalt thou! (Series 2, part 4, chapter 7, Paragraph 3, line 1)

Lonny's Notes. (Or maybe not. Personally, I feel that they deserve an entry)
I believe lonny herself deserves an entry. The new generation needs to know about the heroes of the past. I believe lonny deserves to be mentioned.

Anyway here is what I came here for:
Someone help! In the duffer social group I mentioned the phrase MPLF. No one knew what it meant! I asked if they knew what the almighty can was. They responded in the negative! The future generation needs to be educated! We are neglecting our duties by letting them title themselves duffers without cause! Duffer used to be a title that one worked hard to earn and worked hard to keep, not a title that one can assume on a moments notice! We cannot stand and watch while the future of dufferland disintegrate! We must take action!

There's a duffer social group? o_O

And they don't know what the Can is?

:eek:

Now, it is possible for a duffer not to know about the Can. After all, duffers existed before the Can was known at all. But . . . what do they know?

They know nothing! They are just there because they think it's cool to be a duffer! We need to educate them! Let them know that there is more to duffering!

I believe lonny herself deserves an entry. The new generation needs to know about the heroes of the past. I believe lonny deserves to be mentioned.

Actually, on a more serious note (if such is possible) I have requested that "member" entries (i.e. entries of members on this forum) not be posted, as I'm almost sure the mods wouldn't like it. It could easily turn into, or be taken as, a sort of "popularity contest", you see.

Serious Note

1. Phrase frequently uttered by Duffers to express some bizarre irony.
2. Old password to the Mod Lounge.

~submitted by Miss Freckles

I will put more research into this later, but at the thought of people not knowing what MPLF is, I'm going to have to do a general definition and background...T_T.....how DARE theyyyyyy....-.-.......

MPLF

1. An abbreviation of "May Pie Live Forever" that is to be put after everytime pie (mplf) is mentioned.
2. Originated from The People of the Pie (mplf) thread and group started by Hester L., *IOWW*, AND....someone I can't remember at the moment...T_T....(I said this was a rush job, dang it)...
3. This phrase was started by The People of the Pie (mplf) because they wanted some sort of slogan, so they took it from The Horse and His Boy's "Tisroc (may he live forever)" and turned it into pie (may pie live forever)....

examples of such uses are as follows:
1. I like pie (mplf).
2. What is your favorite pie (mplf)?
3. What is with Pi (m((ath)) p((i)) l((lingers)) f((retfully)))!?!?! kill it.......-.-...

and so on and so forth.

4. There were many food groups after the Pie (mplf) People, such as followers of cookies, pudding, pizza, and tea. Most were hostile against the pie (mplf), mainly the cookie monsters and the pudding people, but after much debate, the People of the Pie (mplf) and the Pudding people came to an alliance, since there is Pudding Pie (mpplf), and for the pudding pie (mpplf), the phrase: may pudding pie live forever, became the truce terms.

to be continued.......(once I stop being lazy and look up stuff.....*sigh*.....)

The Seven Rules to the Golden Way of Cheese

List of rules put down by Sir Lindbergh Godot on a dried ivy root.
The Seven Rules to the Golden Way of Cheese said:
1. Honour the cheese.
2. Studye the seven-hundred-and-one shades of cheese and thou shall become wyse.
3. If the cheese be another shade than the seven-hundred-and-one shades, ye shall take a pistol and shoot the cheese until it containe holes enough.
4. Smell the cheese, at least once a day.
5. Smell like the cheese.
6. Think like the cheese.
7. Transform your brain into cheese.
If thou hast succeeded in these, you have followed the way of cheese to the end, and thou will be stopped by the police guards and taken away with them, for the Golden Way of Cheese is a one-way road, and thou hast walked it the wrong way. Next time, start with rule number seven and thou shall be luckier.
So far, there is no known evidence of anyone outsmarting the perils of the way of cheese.

Last edited:
Antisnurfflism - noun (> lat. antisnvrfflistimvs) The state or consequenses arising therefrom of being opposed to or actively disliking snurfflism or its adherents, particularly when used in reference to Poddy Squeeps War or the Great Sponge Debacle of 1827.

Corpus Delicti

Name of Lieke's toothpaste, which she makes herself in her toothpaste laboratory in the Insane Asylum Room W410. Ingredients: Gladius Toxicum, Arcus Spiculum, Caseus, Pyus Pyxidis, Telum Saxum, Citara.

Lonny’s Notes

Refers to Lady of Narnia's mysterious, notorious and extensive note-taking (and drawing) on all subjects within her reach, especially in the Insane Asylum in her “handy dandy notebook”. When and how exactly this habit of hers came about is not sure. The first written evidence of her hobby already hints that she had been taking notes secretly for some time.

lady of Narnia said:
Hmmmmm. She keeps fighting with that wall. I must continue my study of this strange creature. *makes notes and drawings*

Further evidence reveals that these notes seemed of considerable value to her because she made copies of them,

lady of Narnia said:
GG! Fortunately, I made copies of those notes. *keeps notes and things away from GG* Go eat that wall, Nessa will be grateful.

becoming angry when sensing any threat to them.

lady of Narnia said:
*is huffy* Well, PLEASE don't eat my notes; I NEED them!! :mad:

There is good reason to believe that her note-taking rapidly took on the status of an addiction.

lady of Narnia said:
[…] I must take notes!

The note-taking activity was in most cases preceded by the ambiguous uttering of “Hmmmmmmmmmm”.
Her notes are usually either about animals, Insane Asylum inmates, walls or other “interesting” subjects of choice, even about herself. She also voiced the idea of writing a book on a certain interesting inmate, but didn’t pursue the subject further.
As her addiction grew, she took notes on “everything”, “all of the people” and “on the zebra that Ferny is watching”.
Her rather controversial explanation as to why she is taking these notes, is

lady of narnia said:
Because I am doing research on the strange creatures that live in the IA for the zoo. :D

And on the question whether she won’t get tired of taking notes,

lady of Narnia said:
. It gives me something to do that's not TOO crazy.

She was also accused of being involved in the Stationary Theft of 1975, but denied any connection.

miss freckles said:
the nurse asked me to find out who ordered 500 multi packs of sticky notes and another 500 lined notebooks?

and ikea called and said that last week about 15000 pencils were stolen from their InsaneKEAsylum store.

so, any ideas? hints? dead people with pencils in their backs? inmates who are high from licking the stickiness off the sticky notes?

Although she disappeared off the face of the Dancing Lawn after taking her last notes 24/01/2009, there is good cause to believe that she is still, secretly, taking notes on everything going on in the Insane Asylum for some hidden purpose that shall only be revealed when it’s too late.

Dear Miss Freckles,

You are hereby awarded the Something Or Other Award for your outstanding contributions to the Duffer Encyclopedia.

Yours sincerely,
Random Passerby

Back