TDL Contest #1 - Fan art, LWW Cover.

Which art submission do you like best? (Feel free to add comments in the thread)

• Lucy but Taller, post #16 (page 2)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nessa, post #28 (page 3)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Jill_Poll_Wannabe, post #48 (page 5)

• Benisse, post #51 (page 6)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • BarbarianKing, post #59 (page 6)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • NarniaGirl12, post #62 (page 7)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • ndfan1993, post #77 (page 8)

• Powl, post #83 (page 9)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • ~DayDreamer~, post 84, (page 9)

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the Eyes have it...

ndfan1993,
I really like the contrast you capture between Lucy's eyes -- so trusting and peaceful-- and the Witch's eyes -- so shifty and intense. You obviously put a lot of effort in capturing the movie characters (Jadis looks just like the one at the top of The Dancing Lawn page!)
Thanks for sharing...

here's my drawing, I'm sorry it's a little bit last minute =S

ok I have two entries, if I'm not aload to have two of them, I pick the second one as my official entry

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/Powl-xoxo/Narnia/LWW.jpg

LWW.jpg

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/Powl-xoxo/Narnia/LWWsnow.jpg

LWWsnow.jpg

Last edited:
to Daydreamer and Powl'

DayDreamer
great job I love the pouncing Aslan -- like he's about to crush Jadis (Yes!) looking appropriately wicked. I also think it is a nice touch having Edmund looking off toward Jadis's side instead of like the other 3 P's focusing on one another and the lamp post. Bravo!

Powl'
I love your clean lines and composition, your colors and design showing the Spare Oom in the background between the children emerging from between the coats to the snowy woods. But most of all I love Aslan's eyes looking straight out from the cover to me the reader. Merci!

Everyone is doing a great job!

Powl'!!! Really great entry!! I liked the clean lines and the composition with the Pevensies looking into the wardrobe. Very nice.

Daydreamer: I agree with Benisse about the great touch of Edmund looking away instead of at the same area as his siblings. I also like the way the White Witch is looming over everything in a menacing way.

You both did a great job!

These ARE all amazing! But as to the two most recent ones...I have to comment LOL!
Good luck everyone!

Powl I love yours because, as others have said, the lines are so clean and it has color! :p. The fact that none of the pevensies have eyes is an interesting addition because you don't really notice it at first glance, yet when you do, the Pevensies still look amazing. It also puts empathis on Aslan and Jadis's eyes... :). Very creative.

Daydreamer - I loved the fact that Edmund was looking away most of all, it adds a bit of reality to the picture. And the detail in the coats that the kids were wearing, especially Edmund's coat is amazing. The castles under both Aslan and the Witch, with Aslan ready to pounce and all the little detail in the background - very clever :D.

Ok, May 31st is done and thus this contest comes to a close. Judging will start tomorrow. There are soooo many amazing entries! Thanks to everyone for your wonderful art work! We're blessed! The judging will be quite difficult I'm sure. I will post more in the morning. Great Job everyone!

If there are less than 10 entries there may be a poll for judging, but if there are more, the mods/admins/and anyone else they want to have involved will judge it. More news on that tomorrow.

No more submissions may be added for this particular contest. Lord willing, more contests will follow.

Ok, there is a poll with the 9 submissions that will be up the rest of the week. Thanks for all of the hard work friends! You have a lot of amazing art here!

Last edited:
You can vote for yourself. Vote for which ever one you think is the best. I know Powl, it's hard...I'll encourage more forum members to go vote.

Phooey, I missed the deadline. Well, I've been a little busy having a baby and all that. :D

So this is not an entry, but can I at least share what I came up with?

comiccoverlowres.jpg

Oh my gosh, Sunrise, that is amazing! I love how Lucy looks! I love how you've given each Pevensie their own unique look and just how clean your lines are! Goodness!

Good luck everyone!

Sunrise -- Wow!

Sunrise, your piece is wonderful in terms of art techinique, in terms of conception, in terms of composition! The expressions on the three Pevensies with their gifts are right on, with a beautiful touch with Edmund kneeling humbly with a sword foreshadowing his valiant stance against the Witch's wand at the end... And your Jadis is both beautiful and cruel, with Aslan dominating the cover majestically. I am totally impressed! Thank you so much for sharing!

Aww, thanks. It's okay, though - the creative challenge was worthwhile even without the possibility of winning a contest. I've done more realistic cover images before so I thought it would be fun to do something more like a graphic novel. It made for a fun postpartum recovery activity. :p

The drawing by Sunrise was frankly far better than any of the others. Among entries which DID meet the time deadline, the choice was difficult. I voted for Powl's art, but there were others I liked, including the entries by Barbarian King and NDfan1993.

Back