The Duffer Encyclopedia

It has actually been defined as indescribable:

WHB said:
You know I refute these claims. We are starting to hand out the title duffer to any person who posts more than 3 times a day (bit like high grades in GCSE examinations!). This is NOT duffering. True duffering cannot be expressed. It is an innate, unteachable, unlearnable skill that I envy those who have it.

I don't believe we have had any new true Duffers, since the golden age of BC and Holyboy.

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?p=59235#post59235

~ submitted by Dernhelm

Last edited:
Sleep

State of passivity which has been promoted by lazy societies throughout the ages as substantial to life. This prejudice about sleep and sleepiness has recently been defeated by hot and cold caffeinated drinks such as tea, coffee, or coke, by Dr. Lieke (who then unexpectedly broke the speech barrier while giving a reception speech for reception of the Rable-Lloonie Prize 2008 by speaking faster than 100% of Dutch Hockey Commentators). Envious reporters have expressed doubt at her part in the discovery, relying on a quote which says “There is evil there that does not sleep; the Great Eye is ever watchful.“
Dr. Lieke’s complex theory of the benefits of sleep deprivation includes many excellent points, of which just one may be cited here: “For they sleep not, except they have done mischief; and their sleep is taken away, unless they cause some to fall.” Proverbs 4:16

Sleep (and the lack of it) is also a central topic in modern philosophy (cf. The Understanding Sanity Debate)

Among the things that put people to sleep are Monsters, basketball, black coffins, aad reading.
Among the things that keep you awake are Lieke’s cookies, bats, pondering over secrets, and hugging ice blocks.

~Miss Freckles

Last edited:
Button

Perhaps the only object in the universe that's as cute as a badger.

Ask me mum...

Spam, alternate entry

spam
noun (plural spams)

1. Gibberish which must be treated with greatest respect.

2. Stuff Mods will forever be fighting against.

3. Multiple posts of random, or seriously funny content.

4. What you post while in a hypo frame of mind.

5. Wonderful stuff that you may be banned for.

6. What one says when one has nothing to say.

7. (ten thingy)

transitive and intransitive verb (past spammed, past participle spammed, present participle spam·ming, 3rd person present singular spams)

Microsoft® Encarta® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

~ submitted by Dernhelm, content provided by W. Cleopia

Falling off of Cliffs

I'll tell you how. Quoted from the Handbook of Dufferland by Dr. Cran:

The nature of the non-existent substance in the Land In Which the Duffers Reside which many, for lack of better vocabulary and capacity for thinking, call 'space', has certain instabilities which are an innate component of its very state of being. These instabilities frequently (and in a set pattern which is currently being calculated by the present writer) cause a spatial-temporal chain of spontaneous actions which result in the unbalance of residents at such a time as the aforesaid inhabitants are erect upon their lower appendages at a location only a few small units of distance from where the substance upon which said appendages rest abruptly discontinues itself. This process results in an event which many vulgarly refer to as 'falling off a cliff'. The phrase is, however, most unclear, and entirely inadequate for the use of the discerning and educated layman . . .​

That should put an end to your questions.

~ submitted by Lossëndil, content provided by Dernhelm

Last edited:
Back