The Duffer Encyclopedia

:D

That's no great feat - making more sense than me. Although, for Lieke, maybe it is. :rolleyes:

Lieke doesn't seem quite as bad as some people, however. It's like she can just turn her insanity on and off. I mean, she's even been known to *shudder* post in the socractic club, on occasion! :eek:

The Frown of the Mod

Activity which indicates displeasing behavior on behalf of a member. The F.o.t.M. is a mild form of criticism, but if ignored by the respective member, more drastic methods such as the throwing off of cliffs or banning can consequently happen.

Evening Star said:
It's not wise to make me frown, you know.

The F.o.t.M. has long been a scientific curiosity until it was deduced that, if mods can frown, they must possess a forehead, and creases upon this forehead. This knowledge solved many mysteries, for example why Dernhelm is a zebra (since a zebra is naught else but a duffer who frowns).
There have also been instances of members wearing a frown, for example Rhyanidd (who insisted that she wears a frown and not a scowl) and Lieke (who has worn her frown for so long that fellow elves doubt that she could wear any other expression and that thus the expression “frown” might not be fit anymore. “Permanent Frownage” has been suggested as an alternative term.)

~submitted by Miss Freckles

Last edited:
Does that surprise you?

Oh, and Olorin, I too have posted in the Socratic Club. *looks over the tops of her glasses*

ooh, great thread!! I'm learning so much... lol, this is definitely alot easier than going through the land of the Duffers trying to figure out who Ben the Egg is and why everyone is obsessed with cheese. :rolleyes:;)

and no, I have nothing to contribute... :D

Murphle!

Murphle! (the exclamation mark is part of the spelling) is thought to be a portmanteau of MUR (an adjective), PHLE (a noun), and "!" (punctuation). As such it has the properties of an adjective, a noun, and punctuation which suggests that it might possibly be a synonym for "adjecnountuation" if adjecountuation existed, which it does not.

Often used as an exclamation of surprised dismay by badgers, shortly before striking the Ban Button (see "Ban Button") soundly with the Right Paw (see "Rules With An Iron Hand").

Double Posting

Fittingly, this post illustrates double posting.

Said to be introduced by Omar Kayyam in his famous Ruby Yacht, it is an affirmation that the previous post was too good to edit (Don't tamper with perfection!) but something else achingly good must surely follow before even one other member sticks his/her/its/their/nobody's oar in the water and starts splashing about aimlessly.

Last edited:
That's no great feat - making more sense than me. Although, for Lieke, maybe it is.
Oh, i make way more sense then you. It's not fair that you always drag in the chicken-cliff-whale example :mad:
Olorinsesss said:
Lieke doesn't seem quite as bad as some people, however. It's like she can just turn her insanity on and off. I mean, she's even been known to *shudder* post in the socractic club, on occasion!
Lieke isn't as bad as some people (*glares*) because Lieke has to fake a 'life' every once in a while, though Lieke might start talking about herself in third person sometimes...
(I love the socratic club! And i especially love that you made a spelling error typing its name:D)

Oh, and Olorin, I too have posted in the Socratic Club. *looks over the tops of her glasses*
...liar:p DiaD!

for example Rhyanidd (who insisted that she wears a frown and not a scowl) and Lieke (who has worn her frown for so long that fellow elves doubt that she could wear any other expression and that thus the expression “frown” might not be fit anymore. “Permanent Frownage” has been suggested as an alternative term.)
Oh my... *frows MF 'till she falls off a cliff* I hate that frown...

... unless it's more evil than RF's frown...

ES, you're crazy, rofl :D

ROGL

Rolling on Ground, Laughing - With wireless internet becoming widespread, you might not be indoors when you read something funny, or something your boss thinks is funny.

ROGA

Rolling on Ground, Apathetic - Sometimes you just need a good roll in the dust. Ask any horse.

:D

That's no great feat - making more sense than me. Although, for Lieke, maybe it is. :rolleyes:

Lieke doesn't seem quite as bad as some people, however. It's like she can just turn her insanity on and off. I mean, she's even been known to *shudder* post in the socractic club, on occasion! :eek:

I do on occasion too. ES, I think we already have a DP entry, though I must admit yours looks on them in a much lighter light

Wow. I didn't understand those two posts yesterday or today. Then I looked up at the title of the thread and they finally made sense . . . :eek:

Back