The Duffer Encyclopedia

Sorry for double posting.

Quotation Marks

Originated in The Insane Asylum, used to indicate the different speakers. However, it seems that people rarely use them anymore, except for the most popular quotation mark for the Walls. The official quotation marks are used as below:

Wall: <...>
Doorknob: ((...))
Floor: [...]
Ceiling: {...}
Corner: /...\

Of course, due to laziness of certain inmates, the quotation marks are often misused.

~Submitted by Lossëndil

Since I was away from dufferness so long, correct me if I'm wrong.

*lol* I didn't even know that! I'm getting out of touch. But that's really great. :D

The Honorable Sir Professor Dr. Dipl. O Rable-Lloonie, M.D., Ph.D., H.C.W.

The Honorable Sir Professor Diploticus Oswald Rable-Lloonie, M.D. (Master of Dufferology), Ph.D., H.C.W. (Honorary Can Worshipper), was born in July 1958 on the anniversary of the Birth of the Rubber Bananna. A wandering Duffer-Hermit informed him of the particular eminence of his birthday when he was 12 years old, and from then on his life was devoted to researching Duffers. His research, however, was not very successful until 2003. His extensive collection of Duffer literature (consisting of C.S. Lewis' The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) remained mostly stagnant until that date, upon which it expanded rapidly with large sheafs of printed paper containing examples of Dufferisms. His field did not rise to its full eminence, however, until the so-called Golden Age of Duffers. This period furnished such ample opportunities for Dr. Rable-Lloonie's study that he was quite overwhelmed by the information, and took to staying up late at night to study Duffers, resulting in large intakes of coffee - causing him to, tragically, become a victim of coffee poisoning. Lately, Dr. Rable-Lloonie has been interned in the Insane Asylum, where he has found much opportunity for study.

Last edited:
The Great Quack War

An Explanation of Quacking, Meowing, Kvacking, and Abby​

As legend will tell (someday, at least), there was once an order that is now on the brink of extinction called the Order of the Duct Tape, it was a relatively innoculous order with a lot of in-fighting and no clear purpose other than liking Duct Tape. As time went on, a young person called Tootsila (aka Abby and Midnight Rider) siezed control over the order and started ruling it with an iron fist. In an attempt to get Abby to lighten up, Olorin the Wise invaded the thread and started quacking and calling it by the popular brand name Duck Tape; quacking was responded to by unquacking and then Meowing and Kvacking joined the picture. Eventually every other Duct Taper got fed up and moved on, leaving the thread in shambles (even Duct Tape could not fix the mess). Abby, though not willing to give up her Empire, moved into other threads and now haunts the Order of the Can in an attempt to return Olorin's favor. An attempt that will never come to fruition.

This was submitted by ~Lava~ (Former Duct Taper, Now Steadfast Member of the Brotherhood of the Can, Duffer-extraordinaire)

*points and laughs at Olorinsesss´ typo* :D

There is no such thing as coffee poisoning, it´s all lies, LIESS!!!! They don´t know anything! It´s all politics and money!

Yeah... if only i wouldn´t have done that certain Duffer dance wearing a certain rabbit suite during the last NF´s-100-days-before-Christmas-celebration... if only you didn´t have that camera...:(

Money, politics and blackmailing, that is:D

(Btw Derny, i´ll reply to your pm tomorrow, just had over 12 (!!) hours of school, and need...sleep...now...zzzZzzZzzz ;))

(That's really tough. I definitly understand -- don't worry about answering till you have plenty of time. Make sure and get lots of sleep! You'll need it! :D)

It wasn´t bad, my school has a no-humiliating policy, which means that introduction badness isn´t allowed (that i´m gratefull for!:)) Part of the focus is on looking to yourself in a good way, as in ´how does God think of you´ and such, so all the ´common´ introduction stuff doesn´t happen there. It was just looonnggg:D

i have no idea what to expect, since even the senior students can't tell me what it's all about... hmm... i'll see...

oh, and we're gloriously off-topic *runs from thread*

Back