The Duffer Encyclopedia

Spelling Police

A formidable force of people dedicated to cleansing the forum of illegible posts. Often mocked by non-spellers, they were forced to fight a war which they eventually won, mainly because the Misspellers (the main resistance to the Spelling) grew tired of purposefully spelling words wrong. It took them 4 times as long to read and write, so they eventually gave it up. Olorin the Wise is the fearless leader of the Spelling Police.

~Submitted by Lava

I'll simply add that the conflict wasn't entirely fair, due to one of the Spelling Police's secret weapons: the ETPOD

ETPOD (n.): English Teacher's Pen of DOOOOOOOOM! This formidable weapon can slash through dangling participles, eliminate glittering generalities, and massacre excess commas with a single blow. ETPODs may only be successfully wielded by those who have completed an accredited educator training program with an English subspecialty. Inkling's ETPOD, of course, is blue and sparkly. ETPODs often go hand in hand with massive dictionaries, which are typically thrown at repeat offenders.

*~submitted by Inkling

Last edited:
I did not want to DP, sorry.

Edit: Speaking of DPing, it ought to have an entry also.

Double Posting aka DP

A dufferish activity frowned upon by the mods, it is a method of annoying people. Since a rule banning this method was passed, it has become less prevalent, but some people still do it.

Last edited:
Spam

SPAM stands for Silly, Pointless, Annoying Messages.
Posts that are so far off topic, no one understands why they were posted in the first place. Also, they can be posts that are made by evil Spam bots. Please note that it is nearly impossible to Spam in Dufferland, because ALL posts are spam...Spam can be funny as well.

~Submitted By Earendil the Mariner

Last edited:
I have a suggestion for 'Spelling Police', you know, in a dictionary sometimes there are more meaning to a word, and they post it like: 1. and 2., what about:

Spelling Police

1. A formidable force of people dedicated to cleansing the forum of illegible posts. Often mocked by non-spellers, they were forced to fight a war which they eventually won, mainly because the Misspellers (the main resistance to the Spelling) grew tired of purposefully spelling words wrong. It took them 4 times as long to read and write, so they eventually gave it up. Olorin the Wise is the fearless leader of the Spelling Police.

2. A very, very, very annoying force of people dedicated to cleansing the forum of wrong-spelled posts. Always mocked by non-spellers, they were forced to fight a war which they eventually lost, mainly because the Misspellers (the main resistance to the Spelling) just spelled words wrong accidentally anyway. The Misspellers didn't write words wrong on purpose eventually, it took them 4 times as long to read and write, so they gave it up. Olorin the Wise is the leader of the Spelling Police, poor guy, he needs a life.

~submitted by Lava and Lieke

:D:p

Last edited:
Life, a

Something Duffers lost. They know they ought to find it, but each time they try, they get distracted (seeing a butterfly, catching a statue, pushing someone off a cliff...). Therefore, the so-called life is lost and never refound by the Duffers. But somehow they manage quite good without. People without a life are usually spotted on www.narniafans.com/forum, why is still unknown.

~Submitted by Lieke

Earendil, could you add this to you Spam thing:

SPAM stands for Silly, Pointless, Annoying Messages. Spam can be funny as well.

Lieke, I'm not sure I want to add that second definition for the Spelling Police... :p

especially if its a squirt in the eye :D

Nightfire
A crazed person who resides in the Insane Asylum. Adores her pet gerbil Herbie (who, unfortunately, ate her brain and now controls her), her blue hammer, and her Bright Green Evil Squirt Gun of Doom.

- submitted by Nightfire

MWAHAHAHAHA lol.

Bruiser

1. A dangerous gun belonging to and controlled by Elendil which once succeeded in recruiting countless members for posting in the 100,000 post thread.

2. Reese Witherspoon's cute dog in "Legally Blonde".

submitted by Miss Freckles

100,000 Post Thread

*unknown...???
+16/04/2008 (?)
A thread with the purpose of collecting 100,000 posts before the release of Prince Caspian. Had countless dedicated members spamming in it for the cause or fighting for the doubtful honor of having contributed the most posts. Seems to have been a substitute for the So, who's on now? thread which regained much of its former popularity after the sudden (but not quite unexpected) death of the 100,000 post thread. It never got more than half of the required posts and its disappearance robbed many members of their purpose in life. It is rumoured to have been given the final blow by Olorin the Wise who had never liked it. Many others also complained about it because its size kept on slowing the server down.
One can say with certainty that there will never be a thread like it again.

submitted by Miss Freckles

THE GREAT UNKNOWN

We would define it, but that would defeat the whole purpose, now, wouldn't it? :D

THE GREAT KNOWN

We would define it, but you already know it, right? :rolleyes:

Nightfire and Protag, I think I'll make it a policy not to post any definitions of members, at the risk of this becoming a "Who's Who on TDL" thread. If you want, I suppose you could start your own "Who's Who on TDL" thread.

Nightfire and Protag, I think I'll make it a policy not to post any definitions of members, at the risk of this becoming a "Who's Who on TDL" thread. If you want, I suppose you could start your own "Who's Who on TDL" thread.

I wouldn't start a "Who's Who on TDL" because it causes members to feel rejected when they aren't included in the Who's Who.

Write a 'who's who' for the person above you:D In that way no member who posts in that thread will ever feel rejected, it's the ultimate solution :p

But you know, Olorinsesss, i put zebra there, with a redirection to Derny...:p

Back