The Duffer Encyclopedia

Olórin the Wise

After long deliberation (lasting about 100 milliseconds), I have determined that in order to facilitate the entrance of new members into Dufferland, an Encyclopedia is required for the interpretation of all references made by Duffers and quasi-Duffers to Dufferish things. This reference post will contain links to Encyclopedia entries.* Credit for the original germ of this idea goes to Miss Freckles.

Numerals

100,000 Post Game, The
10 Thingy

A

Angry Mob, The
Antisnurfflism

B

Ban Button, The
Beard, The
Black Hole, Dernhelm's
Box, Fred The
Bowl of Petunias
Bruiser
Butterflies
Butter Knife, The
Button

C

Cactus
Can, The
Caps Lock
Cheese
Cheese Whiz
Cliff
Clone Machine, GKoN's
Coffee Poisoning
Cookie, Stan The
Copperfox
Cran, Dr.

D

Dead Note
Death, the Red Flaming Badger of
D.I.A.P.
Double Posting
Duct Tape
Duct Tape Shenanigans, Various
Duffer
Duffer Sun

E

Egg, Ben The
Encyclopedia, The Duffer
ETPOD

F

Falling (off of cliffs)
Frown of the Mod, the

G

Great Known/Unknown, The

H

Habeas Corpus
Hallucinations
Hatchet
Headache
Health
Heroism

I

Iambic Hexameter
Iambic Kilometer
Impossibility
Insane Asylum, The

J

Justice

K

Kennel

L

Law Duffer of Book, the
Life, A
Line, the Fine
Loner Late Night Jam, A
Lonny's Notes

M

Mafia (game)
Mods (Moderators)
Mod Lounge, The
MPLF
Murder
Murphle!

N

'Nites
Non-mods

P

Perpetuum Mobile

Q

Quack War, The Great
Quotation Marks

R

Rable-Lloonie, Dr.
Reviving Threads
ROGL/ROGA

S

Sanity
Serious Note
Seven Rules to the Golden Way of Cheese, The
Sleep
Slippers 1 & 2 part 1 and part 2
Smiley: Rolleyes - part 1 and part 2
Spam, Spam, alternate entry
Spelling Police
-splat
Starling, Sturnidae

T

Tea
Time
Trout
Turnip, The Uber

V

Vire Hydrant

W

Waldo
Walls
Whale
Whale Question
Writing, Invisible

Z

Zebra
Zebra, Industrialist

Last edited:
Duffer Sun

Light coming from the ultimate dufferness of the Queen of Duffers (cf. Derny). The duffer sun is rumoured to be only 10% less shiny than the Can, the source of all light. Sitting in the duffer sun, e.g. while tanning, is perceived by duffers as meditation, and can lead to hallucinations (cf. "The day I sat on my cheese bread, my pet ate its own liver" and "I killed the Can"). Recent studies have shown that 67% of the inmates in the Insane Asylum have a tan that never goes away. This phenomenon is still to be interpreted by scientist Dipl. O. Rable-Loonie.

~Submitted by Miss Freckles

Last edited:
10 thingy

Due to the fact what post must have at lest ten chatacters in them, duffers are in the habit of saying "10 thingy" in any post which has less than the reqired ten. This hapens most regulerly in game such as the name the place game which had short awnsers.

Can, The

Perhaps the most famous of Duffer objects. The Can is an almighty, immortal, and Uber-Shiny Trash Can, invented by GrayCloak in a wish corruption that was something like this:

GrayCloak said:
I wish we could get rid of that stupid insane asylum...

Granted - you, Black and Holyboy are released onto the streets where you attack people at random and steal chewing gum off the bottom of shoes. After a while of wandering you come across a shiny trash can and decide that it will be your new god, and you are its prophet charged with coversion. You spend the rest of your life in devotion to the trash can...

Needless to say, the rest of the Duffers took the idea and ran with it.

~Submitted by Olorin the Wise

Last edited:
and quasi-Duffers (such as Midnight Rider)
i feel honored
aynbdw.gif

Cheese Whiz

Squirty Cheese. The kind that comes in a can. I'm not sure how this came about, but every Duffer wants it. Often abbreviated as CW.

Edit by Holyboy:

In the days before the Land of Duffers, all of the random threads were merged into a single thread called Cheese Whiz. This thread was suppose to contain all of the random dufferness and be preserved for future generations. As you may expect, this thread lasted 3 seconds before it was attacked by the Duffers. Eventually, new spin-off threads were needed to keep order in the Cheese Whiz thread, and the Land of Duffers was created.

Last edited:
Egg, Ben The

An Egg. He has had terrible experiences in his early life, and all the Duffers are trying to protect him from all the othe Duffers. Dernhelm once told the story of his prior life, it went something like this:

[History to be coming as soon as I can find it]

:mad:

All right. Ben, you see, was the family name. Every boy in the family was named Ben, and every girl, Bena. One day the clan was attacked – only our Ben escaped. All the rest were taken and made into a dish that was later named "Eggs Benadict". Never mention that name to an egg, for it was the greatest tradgedy of their kind. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Hole, Dernhelm's

One of the new generation of Duffer objects. Dernhelm's black hole, I believe, was invented in Glorious Food II, by Lady of Lorien and me (jointly). I mentioned it first, and LoL turned it into Derny's pet. It's been popping up at random ever since.

Cran, Dr.

Another of the second generation. Dr. Cran was also invented in Glorious Food II, as a Health Inspector (although a crayon as well). I'm not sure what happened after that.

Last edited:
Box, Fred The

May be the oldest Duffer object. Fred the Box is Holyboy's house, and has been killed by BC (black cloak) numerous times. However, it's really rather hard to do away with Fred completely - according to HB, he has something on the order of 528,672 lives.

Last edited:
Cookie, Stan The

Not a cookie, as you might think, but an elephant. A confused elephant. Invented by Borntofly in the old Corrupt a Wish game.

Last edited:
Turnip, The Uber

The Uber Turnip: So far lost in the mists of antiquity that nobody except WHB maybe Dernhelm can remember where it came from or what it was. I think it got eaten in the end.

Last edited:
Back