The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans

The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Silver Chair (Narnia 4) (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29692)

BarbarianKing 10-02-2013 12:40 AM

Mark Gordon Company's The Silver Chair

It's official! The Silver Chair is to be produced by The Mark Gordon Company!

This thread is for the discussion of this new production including your ideas for the cast, the plot, your hopes and fears for the film.

For my part, I always thought that The Silver Chair was the natural choice for the next film. Sometime ago I heard that Fox would probably make The Magician's Nephew next and I was not in agreement so for me, this is very exciting news indeed!

~Lava~ 10-02-2013 01:35 AM

So my hope is that a new company means more accurate, also, I would just about die if the mess up one of my favorite Narnia scenes. They better have the end right.

The Spanish Inquisition 10-02-2013 01:53 AM

The Silver Chair is my favourite Narnia book, so I'll be interested to see where it goes.

As for actors, I think they should bring John Gielgud back from the dead so he can play Puddleglum. Or better yet, just bring him back from the dead and clone him so he can play everyone. Even Jill.

Narborg 10-02-2013 04:47 AM

As I have said elsewhere, I am hoping that Alan Rickman plays Puddlegum. Will be interesting to see if Will Poulter is still able to play Eustace. They will most probably get a new actor no one has heard off to play Jill. Glimfeather will probably be animated, so were just looking for a voice. Will have to think about Price Rillian and the Lady of the Green Kirtle, but I think that they both end up being someone good looking...

QueenSusanofNarnia 10-02-2013 08:55 AM

I nominate myself for Jill Pole.

Lol jk but for seriousness.

In all seriousness though
I'm very very very excited about TSC being next. Like BK said it's the natural choice, particularly if Will Poulter is able to continue as Eustace. I really enjoyed him as Eustace in VOTD despite not particularly loving the film overall.

TimmyofOz 10-02-2013 10:04 AM

I hear Will Poulter is already 20. He is getting too old.:(

QueenSusanofNarnia 10-02-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmyofOz (Post 2163913)
I hear Will Poulter is already 20. He is getting too old.:(

keep in mind that will moseley was 18 during LWW. actors can play within an age range, and i think poulter looks young enough still that he can pull off being a teenager. obviously if they keep poulter, eustace's age will be bumped up a bit, but if they recast (which i doubt they will), the age will probably be bumped up anyway. hollywood has a history of doing that (harry potter aside) to make it appeal to a wider audience.

~Lava~ 10-02-2013 11:42 AM

I think they should go with a new cast because they need to have someone who can still play being school age when Last Battle comes along. I love Will Poulter but in the grand scheme of things, this would be better

QueenSusanofNarnia 10-02-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Lava~ (Post 2163916)
I think they should go with a new cast because they need to have someone who can still play being school age when Last Battle comes along. I love Will Poulter but in the grand scheme of things, this would be better

that is true, though i think both are equally as likely to occur (new eustace, old eustace) because of the way hollywood is. there could be legal implications and all that boring stuff nobody really cares about lol

i guess we'll see

i really enjoyed him as eustace so i'd like to see him stay on but i do totally agree he might be too old by the time TLB comes around if they make that into a film.

Sir Cabbage 10-02-2013 01:25 PM

It would be great if they kept Will in! 20 already? Gosh! He might still look young enough to pass as a school pupil in his last years at the school. He did such a good job of the Eustace character it would be a shame to recast a matter of a few years after Treader.

They MUST get Puddleglum right! He is one of my favourite fictional characters; he was written very well. I can see where people are going with suggesting Alan Rickman - he has the kind of face one could imagine and his voice could sound suitably glum. Realistically I doubt he'd do this film.

This story is well rounded with events that happen that should really make for a decent film.

I don't know anything about the Mark Gordon Company - is it likely 20th Century Fox will be releasing the film again?

Maybe this news could bring a few members anew and back to this board. :)