The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans

The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Fantasy Worlds (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Marvel (Movies, Comics, etc.) (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29165)

ahyperdude 04-26-2012 06:41 PM

Marvel (Movies, Comics, etc.)

A Marvel movies thread! I would really like to discuss Marvel's new projects, and the ones they already have made!

This is a discussion thread, and I would like to stick to the general Marvel Movies topic.

I would like to exclude spoilers unless spoiler quotes are used to let people know.

Feel free to stop by the multiple choice pole and tell us which Marvel hero's are your favorites! (If you have a request or a change you'd like to have with the pole, let me know and I'll contact a mod)

Thank you, and enjoy the conversations!

Lossëndil 04-27-2012 09:38 AM

Haven't seen them all, but I think Spiderman is probably the best superhero film ever! I liked Ironman as well, and the newest X-men film is amazing. The original three aren't that great.

I do love the comics though...

ahyperdude 04-27-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lossëndil (Post 2115915)
Haven't seen them all, but I think Spiderman is probably the best superhero film ever! I liked Ironman as well, and the newest X-men film is amazing. The original three aren't that great.

I do love the comics though...

Yes! Spider-man was an AMAZING movie! I also liked the second :D..

I love watching these movies after seeing comic strips from Marvel.. They've done a great job!!

SO, I'd like to bring the sequel and prequel subject up

I'm not sure if you know, but after the Avengers, Marvel is planing on making 3 new movies

1st: Iron Man 3 (May 3rd 2013)
2nd: Thor 2 (November 15th 2013)
3rd: Captain America 2 (April 4th 2014)

I can't decide what to think! I think Iron Man 3 has potential, Thor 2 may be necessary if they don't continue Thor's love for Jane in the Avengers, but Captain America 2 seems unneeded, although I think it would be cool.

Your thoughts, and opinions?

Narnia_bookworm 04-27-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahyperdude (Post 2115922)
Yes! Spider-man was an AMAZING movie! I also liked the second :D..

I love watching these movies after seeing comic strips from Marvel.. They've done a great job!!

SO, I'd like to bring the sequel and prequel subject up

I'm not sure if you know, but after the Avengers, Marvel is planing on making 3 new movies

1st: Iron Man 3 (May 3rd 2013)
2nd: Thor 2 (November 15th 2013)
3rd: Captain America 2 (April 4th 2014)

I can't decide what to think! I think Iron Man 3 has potential, Thor 2 may be necessary if they don't continue Thor's love for Jane in the Avengers, but Captain America 2 seems unneeded, although I think it would be cool.

Your thoughts, and opinions?

I too enjoyed the Spiderman movies. I haven't seen the first Captain America or other Iron Man movies. I will try to see them sometime. I find it great that they are continuing the making of Marvel films. The Avengers looks awesome! So does the new Spiderman movie.

Aravis Kenobi 04-27-2012 10:33 AM

More than likely I won't be seeing any of the sequels in theaters just because I think that, with the exception of maybe Thor 2, they're like the Pirates sequels (unnecessary). Also, "Hulk" has at least two different versions within the last decade, so I couldn't vote because I didn't know what version you're referencing. There was the version in 2003 with Eric Bana, and the one in 2008 (which I've seen and really liked) with Edward Norton.

And I have a feeling that with Thor 2, they will continue the Jane/Thor love story: Natalie Portman is in the sequel according to imdb.com's listing.

Jayce76 04-27-2012 01:20 PM

Recent News on the Wolverine Sequel!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/readers/2012...98293000_1.png

It was recently reported that Fox’s on & off again, in development superhero follow up to 2009’s “X-Men Origin’s Wolverine”, simply titled, “The Wolverine” will be shot in Sydney, Australia, even though the movie is set in Japan. Today, 20th Century Fox president Tom Rothman, also confirmed that they will film . .

Read more: http://socyberty.com/society/the-wol...#ixzz1tD9hPeUI

TheWarriorSatyr 04-29-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aravis Kenobi (Post 2115940)
Also, "Hulk" has at least two different versions within the last decade, so I couldn't vote because I didn't know what version you're refrencing.

I think it's just asking your favorite hero. Not your favorite movie.

Aravis Kenobi 04-29-2012 03:50 PM

Still, there are about 3 different "Hulks", each of which are different. Mark Ruffalo I don't care for just from the trailer of Avengers; but I liked Edward Norton. Same difference.

TheWarriorSatyr 04-29-2012 04:00 PM

I personally don't like the Hulk. He's slightly creepy. Spider-Man's more my style.

Copperfox 04-29-2012 05:35 PM

Something like thirty years ago, a terribly mediocre, forgettable movie was made about Marvel's wizard hero, Doctor Stephen Strange. The writers made it horribly white-bread-ish, eliminating all the Asian elements, and giving Dr. Strange a cheesy version of Morgan LeFay as his antagonist.

There was _another_ Dr. Strange movie besides, made not too long before or after the one I have mentioned. But I didn't see that one, so can't say if it was any better.