The Silly Ideas Thread for The Silver Chair!

BarbarianKing

Knight of Narnia
Staff member
Knight of the Noble Order
By popular demand, this thread is for you to give the movie makers silly ideas for scenes to include in the upcoming movie The Silver Chair. If you don't know how to participate, please take a look at The Dawn Treader Silly Ideas Thread and you'll know what to do. Funny and outrageous ideas are welcome, as long as they are family friendly. Serious posts are ok as well, but then we may not laugh at it so it's your choice. Please post your silly ideas. Who knows? Maybe your silly scene gets incorporated into the movie!

Thank you for making this thread BK!

I think for Silver Chair, they should replace Puddleglum with an attractive Orion slave girl from Star Trek. They're green, so she's roughly the same color as a Marsh Wiggle, but she would bring a new dimension to the story, what with her being irresistible to men -- what if Rilian, even under his spell, fell in love with her, and there was a fight between her and the LwGK, over Rilian's affections? That would be totally awesome.

Continuing the Star Trek theme, have Rilian transformed into a Vulcan. His lack of gratitude at being rescued from the Green Witch would really get up Eustace and Jill's noses!

YES! And maybe instead of an Orion slave girl, we could make Puddleglum a vampire. And Jill could fall in love with him! But only he won't want to maker her into a vampire, so there will be a lot of tension ... This will certainly make people want to see the film! Team Puddle and Team Kirtle ...

YES! And maybe instead of an Orion slave girl, we could make Puddleglum a vampire. And Jill could fall in love with him! But only he won't want to maker her into a vampire, so there will be a lot of tension ... This will certainly make people want to see the film! Team Puddle and Team Kirtle ...
Instead of Jill, Scrub and Puddleglum going North into a land of the giants, it should be a land of Zombies. Or maybe the Gnomes of the Underworld should be Zombies. There got to be Zombies in the movie, after all Zombies are in all the other movies these days. Hey, let's make Caspian a Zombie at the end of the movie. He is a living dead person at the end of the movie already.

They should definitely make them vampires going to the land of zombies! But I disagree about the lady becoming a werewolf. They should rather make Puddle a vampire and Rilian a werewolf and Jill (who is to be made older in the movie, of course. In her late teens, maybe) has to decide between them both! And Eustace... umm... is going to be a comic relief!

And lotta actiooon!!! Pleeezz!!!

And I wanna have Justin Bieber to sing the title song ;D

Oh yes! Justin Bieber, I wondered how we could work him. And maybe he could make a cameo appearance. I definitely think the zombie angle is worth pursuing also. And yes, Jill's dramatic choice whether to love an werewolf or a vampire will certainly add conflict that the story is otherwise lacking.

I would still like to see some sci-fi in it. Maybe make the LotGK a Martian. They are green.

Good ideas, but I feel that we should start at the very beginning (that's a very good place to start) ;) Hey! what about doing it as a musical!?

OK, my actual idea for the start of the movie: instead of the movie starting at Experiment House, it starts at Hogwarts instead...

Jill could be a Hufflepuff being bullied by Malfoy and a gang of Slytherins.

Last edited:
Yeah Hogwarts! Experiment House is a bad school and that's sooo boring! Hogwarts is kewl! And yesh, the Slytherins bully Jill! But Jill can't be in Hufflepuff. She has to be a Mary Sue and Mary Sues are never in Hufflepuff! She has to be a super smart Ravenclaw! Oh, no...their weird... Well, a brave Gryffindor! Oh, no... their uncool... A SLYTHERIN - a muggle-born Slytherin, bullied by other Slytherins! That's it! (Btw., The Silver Chair was actually JKR's inspiration for HP)

Yeah, Biebs needs a cameo apperance... as a beautiful Prince - who is another rival of Rilian and Puddleglum (who needs another name to be sexy!).

And we have to make Jill older. She has to be sexy teen, not a child. Being a child is uncool and does not appeal to cinema-going-pre-teens. And she has to be in a love triangle... No... with Biebs... a... quatrangle? Or what? o_O

And we need another movie - about the sad life of the Lady of the Green Kirtle! About her sad past and about how she is actually good and everyone else is evil! And she needs a super popular and super sexy actress!

We need lots of ACTION!!!111!!1! YESH!!111!!!1!!!11!

Biebs could sing the title song in a duet with Rebecca Black or Lana Del Ray or... Lady GaGa! Oh, no... Biebs and GaGa would not work... what about... MILEY!!!11!!1!!1!

Who is to be cast as Puddle (who needs another name)? Ian Somerhalder? Robert Pattinson? And who is Rilian? Taylor Lautner? What about Chace Crawford or... ZACK EFRON!!1!1!!!!1!

And we need another movie - about the sad life of the Lady of the Green Kirtle! About her sad past and about how she is actually good and everyone else is evil! And she needs a super popular and super sexy actress!

Love it! Shall we call it "Green-Lady-Leficient"?

yes now this is much more the thing! a back story on LoTGK which explains her evil ways! after all, she comes off as such a baddie in SC.

And Hogwarts - it's an inspiration! why reinvent the wheel with Experiment House when everyone is already familiar with Hogwarts.

Justin Bieber can be a prince of Archenland vying for teen vixen Jill's affections. Love it.

Biebs playing a supporting role would be interesting, but I really want him on screen as much as possible. Couldn't he just be the new Eustace? Then we could even turn the movie into one big musical! :D

Good ideas, but I feel that we should start at the very beginning (that's a very good place to start) ;) Hey! what about doing it as a musical!?

We should start the movie like it is a new Disney high school musical. That way we have the spoiled singing teens.:D

Perhaps my kittens and their various weapons of mass destruction can make a guest appearance. They can spring out in the giant's kitchen and provide the distraction needed for our three heroes to escape the giants by pelting everyone with tomatoes and toast.

Going off of the musical idea; to break the Lady's spell and escape with Rillian, Jill and Eustace have to sing Bohemian Rhapsody (ie. "I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me/HE'S JUST A POOR BOY FROM A POOR FAMILY, SPARE HIM HIS LIFE FROM THIS MONSTROSITY").
Actually, just have Bohemian Rhapsody be the theme song while they're underground, especially while fighting the Lady of the Green Kirtle and her hordes of minions.

Biebs playing a supporting role would be interesting, but I really want him on screen as much as possible. Couldn't he just be the new Eustace? Then we could even turn the movie into one big musical! :D
Genius!!! Wills is too old now anyway! Biebs is perfect.
We should start the movie like it is a new Disney high school musical. That way we have the spoiled singing teens.:D
Yes! This is exactly the sort of updating that the old storyline needs.
Perhaps my kittens and their various weapons of mass destruction can make a guest appearance. They can spring out in the giant's kitchen and provide the distraction needed for our three heroes to escape the giants by pelting everyone with tomatoes and toast.

Going off of the musical idea; to break the Lady's spell and escape with Rillian, Jill and Eustace have to sing Bohemian Rhapsody (ie. "I'm just a poor boy and nobody loves me/HE'S JUST A POOR BOY FROM A POOR FAMILY, SPARE HIM HIS LIFE FROM THIS MONSTROSITY").
Actually, just have Bohemian Rhapsody be the theme song while they're underground, especially while fighting the Lady of the Green Kirtle and her hordes of minions.

As long as we are making it a musical, this sounds just fine. I do hope the producers are paying attention. Nice work, everyone.

Jill will understand Parseltongue (snake language) and can understand better the Green lady, but the Green lady feeds Eustace love potion to keep him pacified.

As for actors, Pharrell Williams plays Puddle with Happy his theme song.

MrBob

Back