Star Wars vs. Eragon vs. Harry Potter vs. Twilight vs. Star Trek...

Which do you like best?

• Total voters

SeaStar

Which "Other Fantasy World" do you like best? (Not where you'd rather live, which one you like to read/watch.) I'm going by the worlds that have their own sticky threads.

Narnia and Middle Earth already have their own poll, so they aren't on here.;)

I voted Star Wars because I've never read/seen Twilight, Harry Potter, or Star Trek. I've read Eragon (the first one) and watched the movie, but I really didn't like it too much.

Last edited:
I chose harry Potter because I like to read more than I like to watch tv and movies -- but I'm also a big Star Trek fan and a Star Wars fan, too.

I tried to read Eragon and just found it so dull, I quit reading. Then I tried to watch the movie and found it so dull that I barely could make it through ... Ugh! And it had a great actor, Jeremy Irons, whom I really like. And of course he died! :(

I've read Eragon (the first one) and watched the movie, but I didn't like the movie too much.
Eragon=The BEST!!!!!:DBut i don't like the movie...ugh!
Hardly anyone like the movie. That's why I'm remaking it when I become a movie director.
I tried to read Eragon and just found it so dull, I quit reading. Then I tried to watch the movie and found it so dull that I barely could make it through ... Ugh! And it had a great actor, Jeremy Irons, whom I really like. And of course he died! :(
The book takes a bit to get into but is very good once you do. The movie is just down right aweful.

Anyway, Eragon is my fave. I was obsessed with it for like, forever. Not as much anymore but I still love it.

Well, I read Eragon and saw the movie, but I never really "obsessed" over it. And I must admit that I've barely even seen Star Trek. However, I've been a Star Wars geek since I was little (thanks, dad) and I've loved Harry Potter for years. So I guess they're tied for first. Twilight comes in a close second, though. But I've only been a fan of the books for a couple years, so I don't think it would be fair to group it in with the others.

I never read Twilight, so I can't comment on those books or films. Do you Twilight fans think the films are doing justice to the books? I like the HP movies, but they are nowhere near as good as the books. Star Trek I grew up with The Original Series, and then The Next Generation premiered when I was an adult, and I just have loved those forever. But just for entertainment, of these ones, I'd choose reading an HP book over all the films and things tv shows and things.

shesh I agree with Kitty when she said that TDL is famous for asking impossible questions!:eek::p

hmm, I like Eragon, Star wars and Star trek.... hmmm.... not a fan of the others though.;)

I voted Harry Potter just because I've been such a fan of both the movies and the books since I was in first grade. I've pretty much grown up a fan of it.

As for Twilight, I feel that I was really only a fan over it while I was reading the books. Then, after I pulled away and looked back, I realized that there's nothing that really stands out for me in any of the books. Sure, they might be well-written to some extent, but I would never be a long-term fan of the books or the movies. The movie totally ruined my perspective of how Bella, Edward, and Jacob looked and interacted with each other - not something that happens all that often.

Star Wars is interesting, but not something that I'd become an avid fan of. I'm really only a fan of the Lego Star Wars Wii games my cousins have, if that counts for anything. :rolleyes:

I never really got into Star Trek or Eragon. I can't even remember the Eragon movie, or how the books go.

I like Twilight I've read the books and watch the movies... love the books!... I like star wars... I've never read eragon or HP... I tried but got bored :D... for star trek I've only watched the last movie that I certainly like it...

I never read Twilight, so I can't comment on those books or films. Do you Twilight fans think the films are doing justice to the books?

the films are ok... but the books are so much better... Twilight was good, New moon not to much it sticked more to the book but somehow it wasn't that good I dunno why, the book is better... and for eclipse I hope they do it the way it is.

This is a difficult question because I`ve not seen either of the Twilight films or read the books and have only seen the Eragon movie.
I WAS going to say the Star Trek universe but then it dawned on me that there are several different Star Trek universes, not just one.
There`s the original TOS universe, the major NG,DS9,Voyager one, the one of Enterprise and the new alternate Movie version just to name the main ones and several further secondary/further future and variant timelines as well as the `Mirror Universe`.
Gives me a headache just to think of them all.

I said Star Trek because I grew up on it and was very close to picking Star Wars because I grew up on that too, but really Trek is better. It has deeper plot lines.

Though I love Harry Potter it didn't come close, nor did Twilight. Though I love them both (well I like Twilight, not love).

Eragon I just laughed at...yeah never was a fan.

I never read Twilight and neither have seen the movies. I grew up with SW and even had a huge crush on the Skywalker family (father and son) but if I really have to choose between the movies/books...HARRY POTTER!! Hahahahahahahaha!

I never got into Eragon. Well the movie was okay but that's it.

I never got into Eragon. Well the movie was okay but that's it.

I'm not an Eragon fan, either...I saw the movie, though, but it wasn't great. I loved the cute baby dragon though. She was so...impy. Like my little bottlefed kitten, especially when she rubbed Eragon's knees with her chin and purred...awwwww:) Imp used to do that all the time.

I thought the Eragon movie was a big yawn. I stopped watching after we lost Jeremy Irons ... and I felt the same about the book. Just couldn't get into it. Later I did see the rest of the movie, but I still found it very blah.

I'm not an Eragon fan, either...I saw the movie, though, but it wasn't great. I loved the cute baby dragon though. She was so...impy. Like my little bottlefed kitten, especially when she rubbed Eragon's knees with her chin and purred...awwwww:) Imp used to do that all the time.

They did make Saphira really cute when she was little.:p
And the Eragon books are better than the movie. the movie is lame. the only thing they did a halfway decent job on in the movie, in my opinion, was Saphira.
Except for the end of the 3rd book, the end was unessecary.:rolleyes:

They did make Saphira really cute when she was little.:p
And the Eragon books are better than the movie. the movie is lame. the only thing they did a halfway decent job on in the movie, in my opinion, was Saphira.
Except for the end of the 3rd book, the end was unessecary.:rolleyes:

I read the first book in the series. I began the second one, but it got a little problematic, what with those atheist elves and all...

I read the first book in the series. I began the second one, but it got a little problematic, what with those atheist elves and all...

I guess I'm just good at ignoring that sort of thing. I did have to do so alot in another book series I read and liked (no its not Anthropos if you're wondering :rolleyes:). I never remeber the religions in the Eragon books anyway.:p

Back