A book review needed.

Mozart the Meerkitten

(Note: The request I have is in the second paragraph, the rest is backstory.)

Alrighty. So, I've been having a bit of trouble in school in my English class with books. Yes, I said books. So for a project during these last few weeks of school we have to read a book that the teacher gives us then do a report on it in front of the class saying how great it was. The first book I got... didn't go too well (public schools don't always give you books with moral values in them to read I found out). Anyway, long story short my mom- who was reading the book with me and got to the worst parts first- emailed my teacher to ask that I be given a different book to read. I have very limited options on this and most of the books she has available are either 1. Graphic/morbid/Holocost stuff or 2. Way below my reading level.

The only book that seemed to have a little middle ground to it is "The Time Machine" by H.G. Wells (which also sounded the most interesting to me from the begining). I decided to post on here and see if there was anyone here who had read the thing and could give me some feedback on morality or just what you thought of it. Be aware that any responses you have I need by TONIGHT. Like around six or seven o'clock. Any feedback (good bad or otherwise) is appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know much about Wells, but I would imagine his stuff isn't too graphic or morbid...just from what little I know. I had the same problem in my film appreciation class; over half of the films required in the class were rated R for either violence or sexuality...so I told my teacher that, though I was happy to watch films, I couldn't watch certain ones because of my religion/faith. Good thing colleges can't discriminate against you for that, because he sent me an alternate, more cleaned up list of films to watch instead.

The time machine should be ok. You should watch the movie too, lol. Pretty much is what Wells thought would happen to humanity because there is no God (in his mind). It's not graphic at all.

By the way, what was the book they had given you first? I want to make sure it's not around here somewhere or we never get it. ;)

Back