The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans

The Dancing Lawn - Official Forums of Narnia Fans (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lamp-post (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Celebrity Birthdays Thread (http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28785)

Aravis Kenobi 10-09-2011 08:20 PM

Celebrity Birthdays Thread

Okay, I saw 2 threads for celeb birthdays, and thought of something we could do that Arwen-Undomiel Forums have. A celebrity birthday thread. I'm going to ask the mods if they will "sticky' this thread (i.e. have it pinned to the first page), and every future celebrity birthday wish will go here. This will prevent a bunch of threads from cluttering up the forum (guys, not trying to down you here or anything, but those kinds of threads REALLY pile up and can add to the bulk of things. ;) )

So, I'm going off to input my official request to the moderators.

Gondorgirl 10-09-2011 08:43 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea, Obi. I was thinking about that myself and wondering the best way to deal with it.

PrinceOfTheWest 10-09-2011 10:22 PM

I think it a good idea, too. Let me ask around the Mod Lounge, but I don't think there'll be any problem with that. A very effective way of handling the matter, rather than having threads all over the place. After all, we have a birthday thread for members.

Narnia_bookworm 10-10-2011 06:12 PM

I think this is a wonderful idea.

BarbarianKing 11-04-2011 01:54 AM

I never understood this obsession with celebrity birthdays. I don't even remember my own siblings'.:confused:

Aravis Kenobi 11-04-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarbarianKing (Post 2080982)
I never understood this obsession with celebrity birthdays. I don't even remember my own siblings'.:confused:

Well back when I was a fangirl *obsessed with Orlando Bloom and Ewan McGregor that is*, I used to know the exact day of their birthday and ALWAYS remembered it. Not sure why...but this thread is something I saw on another forum, and I kind of like having a place to wish actors' happy birthday. You never know who reads them. ;)

Mrs Gil-Galad Took 11-04-2011 05:51 PM

Great idea but everybody knows when Sopespian is having his birthday right? :D

Sopespian 11-04-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Gil-Galad Took (Post 2081086)

Well, I don't necessarily make it public knowledge, but I suppose my b-day could be mentioned in this thread.
;):D

BarbarianKing 11-05-2011 03:51 AM

Quote:

Oh, well, yes. My siblings can wait!

Aravis Kenobi 11-05-2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

not everybody; I'm an exception. :p