PDA

View Full Version : Super Mods!

Kermit With Sword
03-07-2006, 09:00 PM
This is a thread where, i want no posting only voting in the poll which i will have set up in a sec.

I've seen in other threads, SUPER MODS!!
mods with more power then regular mods, but still weaker then admins.
i'm PMing specter on this, so mods don't close this thread, till i've discussed it with him.
(p.s. super mods don't take the place of regular mods. u have both!)

Jack of Blades
03-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Me know that you no want posting :D But I don't think that we need any better mods or more powerful mods than we have now, these mods are doing a good job with their power and keeping this site in order.

EveningStar
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Just out of curiousity what sorts of powers should badgers...I mean Super Mods....have beyond being able to delete threads and posts beyond recovery and change users' settings and signatures?

Jack of Blades
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I agree. The mods have the most power closet to Spector. If they had anymore power they might as well destroy spector and the other mods and rule the Dancing lawn with a dictatorship.

holyboy
03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Regular Mods: Only have control of one or two forums

Super Mods: Have control in all forums

Sorry, but we are already super mods!

~Narnia 4 ever~
03-07-2006, 09:17 PM
I think super mods sounds cool, and i voted for it, but i also think the mods are doing a good job, and don't need to be replaced.

Yoo1029
03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
im not sure if we NEED super mods...

ElectricJello
03-07-2006, 09:36 PM
I think so! Super Mods, exploring the forums, helping their lower ranking members, and moving and deleting threads everywhere!!!:D DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUU! SUPER MODS!

(sorry guys, I just think they should have some kind of theme!)

glamel
03-07-2006, 09:52 PM
regular mods can close threads delete post, etc, etc, using their computer of course
what if these super mods have extra super powers???
like superman, and other superheroes..:D
they can fly, disappear, etc.
what the heck, these mods can turn into animals already. they don't need to be super than that.

EveningStar
03-07-2006, 10:13 PM
We mods have always had an excellent relationship with our admin Specter. He's always been sensitive to our concerns and our toolkit has always been up to the task of managing this board.

It's kind of you to keep our best interest in mind. If you really want to help us help you, please read the FAQ and use common sense in posting.

Monkeh
03-08-2006, 02:38 AM
We already are basically supermods. I don't really see the need for them.

♣Teh Deviant♣
03-08-2006, 02:40 AM
We don't need them...really, I don't think we do *bites nails as unsettling images weave through mind*

lions mane
03-08-2006, 02:45 AM
:D sofi, ur crazy!

uhm.. i don't think we need them, we already have enough trouble with the reg. mods we have!

tgraveline
03-08-2006, 03:45 AM
I'm curious why you think we need these Super Mods? We have those kinds of abilities and responsibilities. So please, do tell why you think we need more people and the like basically.

tg

PrinceOfTheWest
03-08-2006, 08:33 AM
What do you mean, 'should we get super mods'? Heck, we have super mods!!!

{payments accepted in PayPal or credit card, you guys;)}

EveningStar
03-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Darth Badger: Super Mod

Evil

Powerful

Cute As A Button
(Ask His Mum...)

Kermit With Sword
03-08-2006, 09:31 AM
i'm just asking for your ideas.
you don't have to be so picky!

onlymystory
03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
its not that we're trying to be picky dear. its just that on other websites there are levels of mods. some have power only in certain forums while others have power over all. In essence all the current mods are super mods. We can take care of any problem (pretty much) on our own. So there is no need for a super mod. However you could possibly argue the need in the future for lesser mods. As this site grows that could be something Paul might consider. Might I suggest changing the question from Should we have super mods to should we have forum specific mods? It wouldn't happen overnight and it might never happen. But I don't think we will ever have mods with more power than the current ones. But someday we might have mods assigned to specific forums. Does that explain more what we're saying?

Specter
03-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I could see eventually having regular moderators for each forum, and in fact some forums used to have those moderators (who have disappeared randomly). I've seen the moderator levels and leveling thing, and have ideas about it. One thing is that, if there's a problem, and the right moderator isn't online, it takes longer to resolve the problem...having only super mods gives me the ability to work on my other projects, knowing that this one is in good hands while I make sure that the website is up to date, and that other projects are getting the time needed.

inkspot
03-08-2006, 11:33 AM
What do you mean, 'should we get super mods'? Heck, we have super mods!!!
Good answer! Good answer!

I think it is sad everyone posted in here when Kermit specifically asked no one to post, just to answer the poll! But since everyone did post, I want to say ... any mod can help you in any forum on narniafans, if you didn't know. Although some mods are seen more in specific forums, they can all help you, in any forum. (The only one to be careful of is Darth Badger, apparently! Now we have Darth Rosy and Darth Badger? We are all turning into the Sith!!!)

onlymystory
03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
well, there seemed to be something wrong with asking people to vote for something that already exists. Someone had to post to explain what are mods do all ready. Members shouldn't vote on something they don't understand.

inkspot
03-08-2006, 12:02 PM
Members should only be asked to vote on things they don't understand! (It works well as a concept in US government, I feel it could work here.)

onlymystory
03-08-2006, 12:05 PM
touche.....

Queen Swanwhite
03-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Please no super mods! I like the mods and admins the way they are! ;)

Kermit With Sword
03-08-2006, 04:16 PM
well...
we could try to at least upgrade are mods.
keep regular ones and do SOMETHING to make super mods just a pinch better.
let mods be super mods, and super mods are like mini-admins.

I don't know, your mods, think of something.
People share ideas.

EveningStar
03-08-2006, 04:23 PM
We should get cut-rate t-shirts with "SUPERMOD" on them. And for anyone unfamiliar with The Dancing Lawn, we can tell them it's short for "SUPER MODEL" :D

Kermit With Sword
03-08-2006, 04:26 PM
We should get cut-rate t-shirts with "SUPERMOD" on them. And for anyone unfamiliar with The Dancing Lawn, we can tell them it's short for "SUPER MODEL" :D

ha ha ha ha ha.
that's good, that is good.
i wonder what specter thinks on the issue...

lions mane
03-08-2006, 05:32 PM
no offense! and i didn't read the rest of this 3rd page cause heck let's face it i'm lazy! ;)
but if he wanted no one to post why didn't he kindly aproch one of the mods and ask them to lock it? hmm....
maby cause no one would be able to vote huh! nevermind, i answered my own question.

holyboy
03-08-2006, 06:36 PM
ha ha ha ha ha.
that's good, that is good.
i wonder what specter thinks on the issue...

http://www.narniafans.com/forum/showpost.php?p=239250&postcount=19

I could see eventually having regular moderators for each forum, and in fact some forums used to have those moderators (who have disappeared randomly). I've seen the moderator levels and leveling thing, and have ideas about it. One thing is that, if there's a problem, and the right moderator isn't online, it takes longer to resolve the problem...having only super mods gives me the ability to work on my other projects, knowing that this one is in good hands while I make sure that the website is up to date, and that other projects are getting the time needed.

Taken from earlier in the thread.

onlymystory
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM
chakal, why would we need to tell someone that super mod stands for super model? surely anyone could tell just by looking at us that we're all super models. except maybe HB. there's only so much you can do for a panda.

~Narnia 4 ever~
03-08-2006, 06:54 PM
well...
we could try to at least upgrade are mods.
keep regular ones and do SOMETHING to make super mods just a pinch better.
let mods be super mods, and super mods are like mini-admins.

I don't know, your mods, think of something.
People share ideas.
maybe things are good how they are...

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm actually a sooper dooper mod. :)

inkspot
03-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Indeed, you are!
Not to be too ignorant ... but what is a loiner?

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Heehee - it says in Mod Thread

inkspot
03-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Mod Talk Thread?

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Indeed - you are most correct. Maybe we should rename it Super Mod Talk!??!

inkspot
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
Indeed - you are most correct. Maybe we should rename it Super Mod Talk!??!
Indeed! As we are so besotted with our own importance, it seems fitting.

I don't know how I missed the revelation of what is a loiner over there -- but now I know. Except, how do you get "Loiner" from "Leeds"? Wouldn't "Leeder" be mroe correct, and more manly, like Leader?

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
No!!!!

Natives of Leeds are known as "Loiners", there are various theories as to the origin of the term, none of which are definitive. Loiner could derive from the name Loidis as above, another explanation is a Loiner is someone born within the sound of the church bells of Briggate. In the 19th century there were many yards and closes around Briggate whose back entrances were known as "Low Ins" or "Loins" hence "Loiner". Another theory is that there were a number of lanes in the Briggate area pronounced "loins". Men who gathered at the lane end to gossip etc. were "Loiners".

inkspot
03-09-2006, 04:58 PM
"Loins," is that how you talk when you say "lanes", WHB? That cracks me up. (Cuz I have a low threshhold for amusement.)

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 04:59 PM
No - we say lairns, its them Brummies that would say loins. I dont know why it comes up with that theory!?!?!

inkspot
03-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Lairns? With an r in it? That's equally amusing.
What is a Brummie now?

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Dear me - but I think we should refer to little Britain to discuss this...

*relocates himself*

Jack of Blades
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Lairns? With an r in it? That's equally amusing.
What is a Brummie now?
GASP! SPECTOR the mods are double posting! :D
now your in for it! :D :p

EDIT: you are turning this place into a chit-chat room

waterhogboy
03-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Que???? There's no double posting here?!?!

EveningStar
03-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Where else can you enjoy double posting the latest chit-chat with someone that's cute as a button? :D

inkspot
03-09-2006, 05:12 PM
WHB moved the chat over where it beloned to Little Britain. So soryr for the interruption to this serious Thread which, according to the person who started the Thread, is not supposed to have any comments in it!

holyboy
03-09-2006, 06:51 PM
Where else can you enjoy double posting the latest chit-chat with someone that's cute as a button? :D

I swear you have grown an obsession to that phrase. Do you have that copied, so you can just paste it in every post?

umbrellaxscenexcore
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
can some1 pm me and tell me wat a mod is??plz!

EveningStar
03-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Mods are great wizards of power and righteousness that have performed at least three verifiable miracles. Well, at least we make sure members keep to the rules.... :D

tgraveline
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
I have the solution, just make me an admin (not higher than specter babe of course) ha ha, no one trust me to do that though, lol. I think the only thing that can be done is to make more admins, but I'm not certain how that can be done, but who knows what will happen as this place continues to grow and all that stuff.

tg

holyboy
03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
I have the solution, just make me an admin (not higher than specter babe of course) ha ha, no one trust me to do that though, lol. I think the only thing that can be done is to make more admins, but I'm not certain how that can be done, but who knows what will happen as this place continues to grow and all that stuff.

No need. If this forum is the same as my other one, the only thing Specter has that we don't is authority and the ability to add more skins.

tgraveline
03-09-2006, 08:03 PM
And the ability to ban mods, which I just tried to do to you punk! ha ha ha

tg

holyboy
03-09-2006, 08:08 PM
And the ability to ban mods, which I just tried to do to you punk! ha ha ha

Wow. that would look good.

Where's HB?

Banned. He was in the way of my plans...

UNBAN HIM NOW!

Yes Master *mutters* stupid Admin

:rolleyes:

Jack of Blades
03-09-2006, 09:26 PM

hahahhahaha., hilairous

Holyboy666
why did you do that

Tgraveline
cuz i felt like it

holyboy666
you are old and uncool

Tgraveline
*starts crying*

EveningStar
03-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Knock knock
Who's there?
Sam and Janet
Sam and Janet who?
<sings> Sam and Janet Evening....
Good thing there is no such charge as FELONY PUNS, hmm? :D

Rhyanidd
03-10-2006, 12:29 AM
*glowering* I think Specter should ban bad puns *looks pointedly at Chakal and pulls out tomatoe gun teehee*

DeplorableWord
03-23-2006, 08:51 PM
*glowering* I think Specter should ban bad puns *looks pointedly at Chakal and pulls out tomatoe gun teehee*

I concur with you 100%!!! :D

Kermit With Sword
03-25-2006, 06:07 PM

and why i luve our mods.
they're weird.

~Rogue~
03-25-2006, 06:10 PM
You wouldn't have us any other way. We would be EXTREMELY boring otherwise.

Kermit With Sword
03-25-2006, 06:12 PM
You wouldn't have us any other way. We would be EXTREMELY boring otherwise.

a lot of u can be at times.

SOS~
03-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Ooh 11 yes 20 no.Well I was the 20th.The mods all do a good job, this is'nt a big forum so whats the next level?