NarniaFans.com - The Best Narnia Movie News website on the planet.
 
Narnia
Narnia»NarniaFans.com
NarniaNarniaHome
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Forum
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Books
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»C.S. Lewis
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Fan Section
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Games
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Movies
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Music
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Shop
Narnia
 
Narnia
Narnia»Site Info
Narnia
Fan Fiction
 .:Back into Narnia:.
King Edmund the Just
Chapter One
Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy eagerly stepped off the train- they were going home. Lucy and Susan were laughing, Peter was smiling, and Edmund seemed quiet, but really he was excited to see his father home from this war. They caught a coach for them and practically yelled out directions. Soon they were off, speeding towards their old life. But quickly their smiles began to disappear as they looked around them. Destruction from the air raids was everywhere- houses destroyed, black ash was littered everywhere. The coach stopped, unable to drive any further through the wreckage. The children clambered out, grabbing their luggage and continued on foot. They turned around the corner, the corner leading to their home, and stopped dead on the spot. The house was gone. It had been blown away by bombs, and all that remained was black wood and ash. With a cry the children dropped their luggage and rushed to the destroyed house. "MUM! Where are you!? Mum!" Lucy kept screaming, running around to the back where the shed was. Nothing. They couldn't find a soul around. Even Edmund was unable to contain himself as horror spread through his face. The four children stood in middle of the wreckage, not believing their eyes at what had become of their home.

Edmund heavily dropped his luggage by his bed in his and Peter's room. The children had returned to the Professor's house until they could locate their mum. Peter followed Ed cautiously, knowing an emotional bomb could drop at any minute. Gently, he set his belongings next to Edmund's and placed a caring hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright Ed?" He asked softly. Edmund promptly jerked back. "I'm fine! I'm.going to go take a walk around the house." With that, Edmund disappeared out the door, running down the hall and out of sight.

Peter shook his head hopelessly as he watched Edmund run and left the room as well. He headed over to Susan and Lucy's room and found them unpacking all their belongings. Susan smiled as her brother came inside, but seeing it was only her brother, she questioned, "Where's Edmund?" Peter sighed. "Off somewhere. He was really shaken." Susan frowned, but at that moment, a girl poked her blond head inside the room. Lucy jumped from her bed and squealed happily. "Haley! You made it okay!" The girl, Haley, laughed and pulled cousin into a hug. Peter and Susan smiled and greeted their cousin they hadn't seen in years.

"Say, where's Ed? I'm dying to see him!" At one look from Peter, Haley groaned. "I'm not going to give him a hard time!" "Well, he's around here somewhere. He just took off. He's really upset." Peter explained. Haley hadn't heard about the disastrous happening, so Susan retold what had become of their home. "That's awful!" Haley cried out when Susan had finished. Haley herself had been offered from the Professor to stay here and help comfort her cousins, but she hadn't been told what for. Nonetheless, she accepted.

"Well, I'm going to try and go find him!" Haley announced, and before Peter or Susan could stop her, she had sprinted down the hall. Peter stood up. "Well, I'm going to follow her, to make sure nothing bad springs up." He knew all too well how Haley and Edmund got into fights about everything. So without a word, Peter leapt up after her, trying to keep up as she took turns and different rooms.
* * * * *
Edmund had been sulking around the manor, taking choice turns and rooms. He was practically on the brink of tears since seeing that horrid scene of destruction. To think he had expected his father waiting outside for him and mum cooking a warm meal inside seemed stupid now. Now he was here again. Not that he didn't like this house. He just missed his father and old life.

Suddenly he heard running footsteps and he frantically ran down the hall, wanting to just be alone. He cast a glance back and around the corner emerged. "Haley?!" He groaned. He didn't know she was going to be here! She snickered and sprang after him, laughing. He scowled darkly at her before sprinting down the hall, taking a turn and another. He wheeled around and ran inside a room, shutting the door quietly behind him. Just in case, he looked around in the room. A dresser caught his attention and he threw it open, concealing himself within it. He left a crack open (for it is very silly to shut oneself in any piece of furniture) and crawled into a corner.

Haley, seeing her cousin, laughed and chased after him, following the thud of his footsteps, until finally she lost him. She was standing right outside the room Edmund was hiding in, but she had no idea. Finally giving up, she was about to leave when she heard a loud BANG come from the room next to her.
Edmund had been hiding in the dresser, and thought he had lost Haley. He stood up partially, but still too high and hit his head against a hanger which flung up and hit the top of the wooden dresser with a loud BANG. His eyes streamed with tears of pain and just emotion, and he huddled up in a ball back in the corner.

Haley opened the door cautiously, looking around the room, trying to find out what had made that noise. Her eyes cast from the bed, to the dresser, and to the- wait, the dresser. Seeing the door was ajar, she walked soundlessly to it. She opened the door of the furniture to reveal her cousin, who was obviously utterly distressed. Edmund turned away, as if thinking he was invisible. Haley kneeled down next to Edmund. "Ed? Ed, are you okay?" She turned him around, and seeing the tears, she knew something was dreadfully wrong. "Ed! Oh, Edmund.I know your distressed."

She embraced her cousin, and Edmund was unsure of what to do. He was about to jerk around and away, but as if something had taken a hold of his actions and he choked out his words. "I m-miss d-Dad!" he spluttered finally.
At that moment, Peter appeared in the doorway. "What's going on here?" He started, but seeing Haley kneeling by Edmund, who looked rather broken, he fell silent. Edmund actually tolerated his cousin's hug for a few moments, until realizing exactly what he was doing. He jerked back and away, putting up that barrier between him and sociality again. "I'm fine!" he snapped weakly before casting her and Peter a glare and stomping out of the room.
Peter sighed as Edmund shoved him out of the way and looked back at Haley.

".He really misses your Dad." She said seriously. Peter nodded. "That's what I was trying to tell you." He said rather firmly. Haley looked a bit downcast. "He's never acted that way before," she replied. Peter just looked away. "I know." Peter managed to see Edmund turn around a corner and out of sight. "Should I go talk to him?" Haley suggested, but Peter shook his head. "I think he just wants to be alone for awhile. He just lost everything but us.I think he just wants to think it through." Haley nodded numbly and got up off the floor. Haley walked out of the room, and Peter shut the door behind them.
* * * * *
Later that night, Peter walked into his room to find Edmund lying on his bed, head buried in his pillow. Peter walked over and sat on the edge of Edmund's bed. "Ed? Dinner's ready, and the Macready's waiting." Edmund did not stir, until finally the muffled reply came. "I'm not hungry." Peter looked hard at his brother. "Come on now, Ed. Don't starve yourself." Finally Edmund sat up, but he was most obviously a wreck. He glared at Peter before finally getting up and walking out of the room and down a flight of stairs.

Peter walked downstairs to see Lucy, Susan, and Haley, looking rather uncomfortable sitting at the table. "Where's Edmund?" Peter demanded, noticing that his sibling was not there. "We thought you might know," Lucy stammered. Peter groaned. At that moment, Edmund appeared opposite the side of the room. He cast a nasty look at each of them before grabbing a piece of fruit and sat furthest away from the lost, not glancing at them. Peter received questioning looks from his other relatives, but Peter just shook his head and walked down to the table. Choosing a seat next to Haley, he just sat there, unsure this was going properly.

Not two minutes later, Edmund announced, "I'm done!" he shot them each another glare before disappearing down a hall. Haley automatically stood up. "That's it- I have to talk to him." With that she followed him, down a hall, around a corner, now a second one.."Hey! I've been here before." Edmund had yet again gone to the room with the dresser in it. He cast a suspicious glare at it, as if blaming it he had blown away like that. Opening the door, he crawled inside, heading for the corner he had stayed in.He couldn't find it.

His heart began to pound deafeningly inside him as he stood up and began walking forward, hands outstretched until his hands finally touched something hard. It wasn't wood, however but."Stone!" Edmund exclaimed, and saw a boulder in front of him. He cautiously edged around it, until he looked over a great meadow.Then what his eyes fell upon next nearly made is heart stop. Their, on a hill, overlooking the sea, was the great castle of Cair Paravel. He gave a cry a joy, until he heard something behind him.It was growing closer and closer until.

Author's Note: Hey, I'm a big Edmund fan, so sorry if it seems to be a lot about him. And if this story sucked and I'm way off, I'm really sorry, but I'm not C.S. Lewis. Well, I hope you enjoyed it, and send me comments at stormyfoal@aim.com

© 2006 King Edmund the Just

back to top
This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Chronicles of Narnia, and is in no way affiliated with C.S. Lewis or Walden Media. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 2003-2007 NarniaFans.com.